Second Skin Audio

two cheaper subs or one better one?

blake1886

I'm going to buy some 10" sub's, but the question is to get two cheaper sub's or one more expensive one? I was kinda wondering to get two kicker sub's or two cheaper Rockford fosgate sub's for around $50 a piece. Or should I get a better sub like A Rockford Fosgate P3D2-10, or an Re Audio Sex10d4? I'm not looking for a crazy amount of bass but I want to be able to listen to rap and still have some punch there. Any opinions will be appreciated for either choice.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-2004 Ford explorer

-Pioneer Deh-80prs HU

-4 Rockford Fosgate R1683

-2 Rockford Fosgate P1S4-12 wired to 2ohms

-1 Rockford Fosgate Prime R500-1

-I know it's very basic...

i always would take one great sub over 2 mediocre. but at the budget level you are at, i dont think it really makes a difference, i have only seen big differences with my systems when i went from like 2 150dollar 15s to like a 400 dollar 15.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

I would get the rockford P3. I had the 15's and they were great sounding subs. Just make sure you get an enclosure built to spec.

Head Unit: Kenwood excelon KDC-X797

Subs: 2 Fi sp4's with PSI recones dual 1.4's in a wall.

Sub amp: 2 DC 3.5k's strapped at .7

Mids: 2 punch pro 10's 6 punch pro 8's

Tweeters: 4 Fosgate Neo's (pp4-nt)

Mids amp: Fosgate T1000-4ad

Tweeter amp: punch 400-2

Wall: 9 cubes tuned to 31.5 triple layer birch al the way around plus 2x4's

Alt: mechman 240

Wire: all sky high OFC 2/0, 4, 12

Batteries: 1 XS d3400 under the hood and 5 kinetic 2400's with toolmaker buss bars in the trunk

Extras: epic lighting LEDs sound deader for days, fiberglassed pods 150+ sealed

I'm going to buy some 10" sub's, but the question is to get two cheaper sub's or one more expensive one? I was kinda wondering to get two kicker sub's or two cheaper Rockford fosgate sub's for around $50 a piece. Or should I get a better sub like A Rockford Fosgate P3D2-10, or an Re Audio Sex10d4? I'm not looking for a crazy about if bass but I want to be able to listen to rap and still have some lunch there. Any opinions will be appreciated for either choice.

Sorry its been a long day and I didn't really check to see if everything was correctly spelled.

-2004 Ford explorer

-Pioneer Deh-80prs HU

i always would take one great sub over 2 mediocre. but at the budget level you are at, i dont think it really makes a difference, i have only seen big differences with my systems when i went from like 2 150dollar 15s to like a 400 dollar 15.

so if there isn't any difference would it be safe to say to just get the better one and still have more trunk space?

-2004 Ford explorer

-Pioneer Deh-80prs HU

I would get the rockford P3. I had the 15's and they were great sounding subs. Just make sure you get an enclosure built to spec.

because I'm going to buy a box, would it be recommended to buy a sealed box or a ported box that may not be perfectly to spec?

-2004 Ford explorer

-Pioneer Deh-80prs HU

i would personally get the single better one, it will probably last longer, take a bit more abuse, and take less room.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

because I'm going to buy a box, would it be recommended to buy a sealed box or a ported box that may not be perfectly to spec?

If you're going to buy a prefab then just get shitty subs. Unless you're actually building your own box or having somebody build a legit box for you, in which case I vote for a single good sub. Box will be a good majority of what the sub sounds like. Shitty box with a good sub, shitty quality. Shitty subs in the right box can sound better imo. And quality sub in the right box will outperform the above

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

whats your budget? i see $50 a piece so i assume $100.. the p3 will cost a bit over $100.. you can get a obsidian audio for that price..

Archived