Second Skin Audio

Need help choosing FI sub, by midnight! for black friday

David Mears

WHere

I cant find any videos of the sp4 in an suv... I just need to go to a bass show and learn the truth lol

Where you located?

Jakcsonville

Well I don't know of any shows there, sorry. We have several west coast shows coming up:-)

depends what suv you are getting.. i got 2 18 in my expedition and have no room for amps and batteries.. i would have gone with 15's if i would have known

I am glad you posted this. Because I saw a video of a kid with 2 bl 18s and his box took up all of his trunk and was like 10 inches from the roof lol.

WHere

I cant find any videos of the sp4 in an suv... I just need to go to a bass show and learn the truth lol

Where you located?

Jakcsonville

Well I don't know of any shows there, sorry. We have several west coast shows coming up:-)

Im jealous of the west cost lol. Bass shows sound fun, and certain things are legal over there ;)

i understand where you are coming from trying to save money and get the black friday deals.

but if you are trying to base getting a very nice piece of equipment by watching youtube you might honestly not be sure what you are really getting into.

you should wait until you actually get this suv, then build up the electrical over winter.

then go to a show or two next year and i am positive you will see what you want to see and then base your decision on that.

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

i understand where you are coming from trying to save money and get the black friday deals.

but if you are trying to base getting a very nice piece of equipment by watching youtube you might honestly not be sure what you are really getting into.

you should wait until you actually get this suv, then build up the electrical over winter.

then go to a show or two next year and i am positive you will see what you want to see and then base your decision on that.

Yeah my moms gonna get me a Christmas present and its black Friday I was going to kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Im learning a lot by reading though. And of course you guys. I see that you have 2 btls. So you must know quite a bit about Fi?

I guess have no clue of what im getting into lol. Subwoofer wise. I know how to set up electrical and can get a box built. I love bass (play bass saxophone, bass guitar, bass is what i love) and I wanna be blown out of the water with this build. I know if i get a bl 15s or a sp4 18 I could fit any suv looking at the required airspace

Yeah my moms gonna get me a Christmas present and its black Friday I was going to kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Im learning a lot by reading though. And of course you guys. I see that you have 2 btls. So you must know quite a bit about Fi?

hey im all for saving money, but if you get two fi subs you are going to end up paying in the long run to help support them. (batteries, amps, wire, vehicle suspension upgrades). and most of the time a lot of people skimp out on electrical and their nice stuff that they just bought goes pop bang poof.

i have two 18 n2s yes in a wall (its not the best build, but it is damn good enough for me) and they are the best subs i have ever owned. i have always had a great experience with Fi. do i know quite a bit? i dont know... i probably sound like more of a nuthugger. they have always appealed to me and they never let me down. and we just had a bunch of snow here, they do well in removing snow and ice that has built up on the car overnight. :rofl2:

edit: grammar

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

hey im all for saving money, but if you get two fi subs you are going to end up paying in the long run to help support them. (batteries, amps, wire, vehicle suspension upgrades). and most of the time a lot of people skimp out on electrical and their nice stuff that they just bought goes pop bang poof.

i have two 18 n2s yes in a wall (its not the best build, but it is damn good enough for me) and they are the best subs i have ever owned. i have always had a great experience with Fi. do i know quite a bit? i dont know... i probably sound like more of a nuthugger. they have always appealed to me and they never let me down. and we just had a bunch of snow here, they do well in removing snow and ice that has built up on the car overnight. :rofl2:

edit: grammar

My eletrical isnt half bad , it dips down to 12.8 at full tilt. The alt in my car now is old and is only 60 amps lol my batteries save my life. Im sure the suvs alt with the big 3 would be fine and I would deff upgrade alt in the future to get louder.

Don't get the sp4

Get 2 bl. You will be happier in the end

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass