Jump to content

Installing new head unit.. won't turn on


Recommended Posts

Posted

I know in gm cars that the yellow and red need to be connected together. That's my experience. Try that first. Bc I had the same issue when I installed in my grand am bc I didn't think I had to so when i tried that, it worked

Posted

Its fine to have constant power tied in to the existing harness You're going to need to take the red, switched, wire and go to the fuse box with it and a fuse tap. Find a fuse that goes hot when ignition is in on or accessory mode, and take your red wire to that fuse. Problem solved

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

He has the correct module he doesnt need to run a wire to the fuse box. The module is probably bad

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

He has the correct module he doesnt need to run a wire to the fuse box. The module is probably bad

I agree, it sounds like the middle is definitely bad.I was just stating how to get him up and running. I should have suggested replacing the module. I've never run the bypass(the one that maintains factory fo door chimes right?)so I don't have the experience with them.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

In certsin vehicles that chime box does more than just chime. It may be a necessity in my malibu it turns on lights like a christmas tree without it

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

what i mean is hook the acc wire from the hu into the red wire going into the module therefore bypassing the module part of the hu

http://www.youtube.c...e1?feature=mheehttp://www.stevemead...87#entry1993187

JVC KD-R530 head unit

VVME INNO-D1500 sub amp

Kenwood KAC-8402 amplifierPioneer 2-way 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohms

DTI Audio 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohmsbox: 4.24 ft^3 tuned to 61 hertz (port walls fell off and dissapeared :( )

Posted

And if the module is bad its still not providing its function. It does more than just provide an ignition source

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 899 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...