oldsoundguy Posted December 4, 2013 Report Posted December 4, 2013 I have done a search on the subject and have found all kinds of wiring options for SVC subs and DVC subs. My question is can you use just one of the voice coils to wire the sub or do you HAVE to use both when wiring a DVC sub. I ask because I will be getting a dual 2 ohm sub that I will be running at 1ohm. So say I would like to later get another DVC 2 ohm sub I see my only options are to wire them to .5 ohms, 2 ohms or 4, ohms? Can you just use one 2ohm voice coil from each sub and wire it to 1 ohm? What will that do to the power at the sub if it is even possible. Help me understand. Thanks 80prs Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier Incriminator IA 10.1 Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors) 4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash) DC Audio level 3 12" custom box designed by joex built by me AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear DC 180 alt 99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/
Azagtoth502 Posted December 4, 2013 Report Posted December 4, 2013 Not a good idea to drive only 1 coil. pa-pa-platypus sorry not everybody has a companies nuts so far down their throat they catch every drop ball sweat when it falls
graham0599 Posted December 4, 2013 Report Posted December 4, 2013 You could wire just one coil but it is highly suggested against. It can cause the leads to burn up since they'll be taking twice the power they're supposed to. My 350z build- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174424-2008-350z-build/page-2?hl=%2B350z+%2Bbuild#entry2605678
MrSkippyJ Posted December 4, 2013 Report Posted December 4, 2013 Just use half the power and it should be fine. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
graham0599 Posted December 4, 2013 Report Posted December 4, 2013 double post My 350z build- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174424-2008-350z-build/page-2?hl=%2B350z+%2Bbuild#entry2605678
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.