My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

1 hour ago, bsneon98 said:

well how do they sound? Hopefully as nice as they look! 

I have not installed them yet. 

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

They are in and doing an auto time alignment right now. 

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Ok here is my update. I installed the kicks with just the 5.25s and wired them up parallel with the other set of 5.25s in the door @ 2 ohms.  Then I ran just the kicks to see how they sound on their own. They obviously don't sound as good as the doors but they don't sound bad. So I wired everything up and did the auto time alignment. I did not like the way it sounded. When I would switch the position from left, right, front and off it sounded way better, louder when it was off. The auto EQ sucked too. So I said fuck it and installed the CT sounds tweeters in the kicks. I wired them up in parallel with the JBL tweeter @ 2 ohms. Its loud, clean, clear and sounds good to my ear. I will have more time to play with it on the way to and from work tomorrow. So far I like the way it looks and sounds.

It was fun playing with the network mode. I was turning off the highs, lows and tuning the mids to sound best. You can really hear what each change does along with the slope adjustment. Did that with the highs also. Sub is easy. Anyway here are a couple pics of them installed. You can see that the color matches the tan in the seats and the lighter tan on the door panel. They are the same color as the dirt that comes off my boots from work too. lol

20170216_190116_zpswssnjlgj.jpg

20170216_193808_zpszydcc6tz.jpg

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

thinking out loud

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

1 hour ago, boomintahoe said:

Looks good to me. But....Scooby Doo floor mats?!

Also....wrapping the mids baskets in that foam won't enterfere with anything? Heating up coil faster? Breathing room for them?

I am not sure about the foam. I am going to try it with and without to see if there is a difference in sound.

Well I messed with the settings all the way to work and got it sounding good. The mids are obviously the hardest to tune but I finally got them sounding good. When I get home I will post all my settings on the 80 prs. 

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

I wondered about your foam job choking the driver some. I like the FAST RING design. seems to be a proven way IMO. Door panel, tons of space. Kick Panel, very little and changes drivers characteristics and performance. Your brown interior looks really nice, the tan kick panel could be painted with color match SEM paint to match. I think it would look better than black personally. 

2 ch for the tweeters will be nice, free up the the 4 ch's on the 5 ch for mids & bass and keep it from being over worked and last longer. Plus more tuning adjustment, your just not going to get the same performance from the kick panels as you are the doors so they need to be tuned differently IMO.

Now that your active its a challenge with all the tuning options to get it just the way you like. Just keep in mind its a bit of give and take especially if you like different genre's. If i guy listen to just one type of music it would be easier but where is the fun in that.

Glad your liking what you have done. Great job on install and reviews.

I bought a new rf p300x2 that will be here tomorrow to run the tweets. I was going to go with the prime 150 but I like the punch line better. On saturday when I install the amp I will take out the foam ring.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Archived