My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

Also FYI I bought some skyhigh 1/0 wire to use as a second run to the amp. The other run is NVX 1/0 and it is bigger than the skyhigh wire. I really like the NVX wire and the sound deadener is F'ing sticky shit. I like it.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Pics or it didn't happen!! Haha

Is the actual wiring bigger or is it the jacket? That's interesting if the wire is bigger. The skyhigh 1/0 is a little bigger wire wise than the cadence 1/0 I previously had, but with the jacket they're about the same size. Both are equally really flexible.

Pics or it didn't happen!! Haha

Is the actual wiring bigger or is it the jacket? That's interesting if the wire is bigger. The skyhigh 1/0 is a little bigger wire wise than the cadence 1/0 I previously had, but with the jacket they're about the same size. Both are equally really flexible.

The actual wire itself not the jacket. I was surprised that the NVX was bigger. Also the Skyhigh was copper color Yes its copper but the NVX was silver. Must be copper tined wire.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Hell ya I am banging again. Got the box back in and the seats back in. The first thing I did was drive the truck with out turning on the system to see how much the MLV and deadener worked. All I can say is wow this truck is quiet now. I still will put more in the doors but HUGE difference!!! Next is the new amp. I don't know if its because I have been without bass for a month but damn it seems louder. I give it a big thumbs up.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

I went out and did some tuning with the DD-1 and CC-1 this morning. I wanted to confirm a couple of things. First was if the loudness setting would change were it distorted and if there was a big difference tuning with car on of off.

This is with the car on at idle.

First off I went through the steps in the manual with everything flat on the deck, HPF off on deck, sub filter on deck all the way up, loudness setting off. and on the sub amp with sub sonic all the way down, LPF all the way up and gain on zero. Then on the four channel I set it to full pass.

I found the max volume on the hu with the sub amp going through the amp with the 40 hz 0db track. It was 54 (55 clipped) Then on to the 4 channel. The max volume using the 1k hz 0db track was 60. So I used the 54 number to set the gains on both amps.

Then back to the sub amp. I used track 3 which is 40hz 5db track. Set the gains. Then on to the 4 channel and used track 4 which is

1k 5db track. Set the gain. Then back to the sub amp and set the LPF at 80hz and subsonic at 28hz. Then the four channel I switched it to HPF and set it to 63hz. ( My RE xxx 6.5 like to play low).

Then back to the deck. I set the sub filter to 80 to match the amp and the HPF to 63 to match the amp. Then with the speakers unhooked still I added the loudness setting with the volume on 54 hooked up to the sub amp and the clip light didn't change. Still clipped at 55 and not at 54. Then I played the 1k hz and did it with the 4 channel and still no change in clipping. Then on to the EQ setting. I boosted the highs and YES that did cause clipping at the 54 volume on the amp. I did it with the sub amp by boosting the eq and YES it did clip at 54. So EQ set flat will produce no clipping.

Then next was to try with the car off. What I found is that when the car is running 54 is max volume with all my settings from above and with the car off resting at 12.8 it would clip at 50 so I lost 4 clicks on the volume. I don't plan on playing my system with the truck off but now I know that if I do I will not go over 50 on the volume. Also I think it may confirm that if you set your amps with the car running that you could be clipping your system with big voltage drops. So with my system I will try to keep the volume level between 50 and 54 unless I see big drops then I know I need to turn it down and keep an eye on everything. I know if I set it with the car off I would never clip but I would loose some power that is avail from my electrical so I thing knowing my system and not being crazy everything should live just fine.

So all in all a good learning experience.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

The NVX deadner seems like a REALLY nice deal for the price. $120 for 40 square feet, killer price IMO.

Enjoy watching this build just because of your attention to minute details, like undercoating the vehicle and the extensive tuning.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Thanks Boom. I went for a drive to the bank today and man this thing is loud. LOL So I was playing with the settings a bit and found that the REs really like the lows so I set the amp to full pass and just crossed it at 50hz on the deck. Sounds way way better that way. I also found that when playing music adjusting the loud setting does in fact cause clipping at higher volumes according to the bass knob clip light so just need to keep an eye and ear on that one. Got some vibration sound from the damn back slider window. I hate that thing so I think I will save up and get a solid back window.

Cant wait till the NVX comes back in stock so I can work on getting the second set of RE components installed. :)

I haven't undercoated the truck yet. I just have done the front wheel wells and did all the work inside. I will wait till I have a nice weekend to get the truck up on jackstands and clean it real good before applying the undercoating.

So far without it though its quiet. I like it.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

I went down to the garage and made a short vid. I tried to see if it would move enough air to move some heavy fabric that I have that covers my subwoofer box. I use it to cover the box so when I am working down town you cant see the subs when you walk by. Out of site out of mind. Anyway not to impressive. I had the volume on 50 out of 54. The one thing I did notice is way less roof flex because of the deadener and it sounded quieter outside the truck which is a plus for me. Ok lets see if I can get the vid to work. Also I will try it again with a different song and see if that helps.

Anyone know if opening another window or anything like that helps with air movement? All I had was the driver window down and the rest sealed up.

th_20140414_151029_zps6oj8tn2z.jpg

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Archived