My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

I've never been around a 2/4 channel A/B that would stay as cool as a Class D monoblock. Other than my Fosgate Punch 40x2 :)

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

New vid downloaded today.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

So after watching the vid I noticed that my truck is pretty solid as far as flex. Its loud but the sound deadener in the doors roof are working well. I like it but its seems more impressive when panels are moving but hey its loud to me.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Looks like lots of roof flex in the vid. Loud is good, looks like the subs are moving some air. I dont play alot of bassy songs to get mine moving like that. Been trying for SQ songs in classic rock albums. Still cant find a Pink Floyd album.

Build looks good bro. I am still pondering my doors and what 8" midbass driver to use. I dont want pro audio and would like a 2 ohm driver to get the most power out of my t400-4 but way hard to find. So it may be a 4 ohm driver i will have to settle with. Also thinking about rear doors and what to do with them. If i where smart i would stasrt with them. Fiberglass some 8s in the rear doors and then do the fronts. ?

I hope your having a good Memorial day weekend. Major forest fire south of here and smoke & ash everywhere so trying to stay in since i am still recovering from this cold or what ever the hell it is.

Peace bro.

Ya that vid was just for the SPL guys that like it loud. When I listen I usually turn the gain knob down to blend the mids an highs with the subs to sound good to the ear. But if I want to make it loud its there. lol

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Just got another 40sq ft of Q mat. Now I have 12.5 sheets to install. Going to do another layer on the roof, behind the sub box, under the sub box behind the rear panels. If I have any left over I will put it on the floor. Back glass seal should be here next week so maybe next weekend I can take out all the interior one more time and get it done.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Thanks Eric, ^^^

So I put the truck in the garage to do some sound tuning to my truck. I have been getting what I think is a slight static or distortion from the pass side speakers? Wasn't sure so I did some adjusting. I started by getting my speaker wires back in order. I had the left and right front and back all backwards. Yes OCD with two sets in the doors. I have the front sets on the front and the back ones on the rear, also left and right are correct now. I didn't check it when I had the amp out last.

So after that I put on a few good sound quality songs and listened from the center of my truck. I played with the passive crossover adjustments and actually like them were they were. Then with the EQ, Loud setting,HPF and SLA settings. I did this with just the right side front, left side front, right rear, left rear. So what I found is that the front stage does not sound good at high volumes with the loud setting and SLA. I can add a bit of EQ for the higher range and the HPF is at 80 for the front stage.

It sounds so much better and not distorted. Yes before it was loud but now it sounds both loud and good. I know the Source level adjustment was adding distortion along with the Loud adjustment.

Now I will have to see about reseting the gains with the setting they are at now. Took about 1/2 hour to get it all dialed in. I will have an hour drive to my journeyman upgrade class tomorrow so that will give me plenty of time to listen. If the sub stage isn't loud enough I will try to reset the gain to the -10 DB and see what that does.

All in all its fun listing and playing with the adjustments. Only thing I wish I had was someone with a good ear that could listing so I could have more input on how it sounds. My hearing kind of sucks but I know what sounds good to me. If I had to rate my sound quality on a scale of 1-10 I would give it a solid 7.9

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Ok you might think I am nuts but I am going all soundqubed. Just ordered two sets of their component sets.

I will have two sets of RE's for sale soon. If you read my build log and might want a set before I put them in the classified section hit me up via PM and I can give you a price. Thanks

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

What! Are you nuts? Dont sell the REs, your gonna wish you had that midbass sound after you swap them out. Hold on to them for a while. Trust me, most speakers had good midrange but only a few have good midbass and you sir have a good pair.

Archived