My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

What! Are you nuts? Dont sell the REs, your gonna wish you had that midbass sound after you swap them out. Hold on to them for a while. Trust me, most speakers had good midrange but only a few have good midbass and you sir have a good pair.

I will hang on to them until I get the soundqubed installed. One set is spoken for if I sell them to a buddy of mine so really one set will be up for grabs. I really want to try different set ups for my truck to find what works best. For such a small space like a extra cab mini truck the sub stage will drown out pretty much all mid bass from the front stage.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Hey you coming to the show tomorrow? I want to hear this so bad

No not tomorrow. I had an upgrade class today so tomorrow is my only day off this week and I am going to hang out at home. I will be at soundwerks for their next show though. I really want a demo in your subi though.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Well I had my cheap ass RCA break on my 4 channel amp. I only have two channels now as I turned off 3 and 4.

I called Jason at SMD so I will be ordering 3 sets of 6' SMD single ended RCA's along with an OM-1 to monitor my front stage.

As far as the RE's I will be hanging onto them for now. I purchased a two sets of AQ 6.5 three way and I might throw those in first. Then try the SQ component set just to test the difference in sound. I think it will be fun.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Well today is my wife and mines 20th year wedding anniversary so I asked my boss for tomorrow off so I can party. I have a pretty good buzz right now which could be good or bad. I guess we will see. lol

So since I have tomorrow off I will install one set of the AQ 6.5 three way speakers I bought for 15 bucks a set off of ebay. I want to test a few speakers so I get a little experience on sound difference in my truck.

Right now I have the RE audio XXX 6.5 component set. I bought a set of the three way AQ 6.5s and will install one set just because I broke an RCA when I was bolting down my box. I must have stepped on it. Anyway I am working on getting another set of RCA's so only one set will go in. Then I have a set of Soundqubed 6.5 component sets coming on Friday. I want to listen to the three ways for a couple days then I will install the Soundqubed. I think this will give me a pretty good idea what sounds good and what the differences are in these speakers.

Stay tuned cause I will give a full honest review of all speakers.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Just installed the AQ 6.5s I bought off of ebay from the Soundqubed/ AQ clearance sale. I paid 15 bucks a set for these speakers. what I did was take out the rear set of RE's and installed the AQs. I got in the truck and turned off the sub, set the eq to flat and turned the HPF off on the HU so I could hear the full mid bass. I faded back and fourth and I can tell you these speaker sound amazing for the price. I was very impressed. Not quite as good as the RE's but pretty damn good. So I took out the other set of RE's and put the other set in. All I can say is they get loud and sound good doing it. I will run them for a little while and see what they sound like when my ears adjust to the sound they put out.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

I wont be getting the SMD RCAs or the OM-1

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Just installed the AQ 6.5s I bought off of ebay from the Soundqubed/ AQ clearance sale. I paid 15 bucks a set for these speakers. what I did was take out the rear set of RE's and installed the AQs. I got in the truck and turned off the sub, set the eq to flat and turned the HPF off on the HU so I could hear the full mid bass. I faded back and fourth and I can tell you these speaker sound amazing for the price. I was very impressed. Not quite as good as the RE's but pretty damn good. So I took out the other set of RE's and put the other set in. All I can say is they get loud and sound good doing it. I will run them for a little while and see what they sound like when my ears adjust to the sound they put out.

Holy Shiite $15 a set?! Awesome deal!! Can't go wrong with that

How did you like the sound with 1 set each in your doors? (1 aq 1 re)

I can't help but think the XXXs would be better if supplemented with more of a mid range speaker with it... Hence why I'm thinking of a pro set along with the XXXs... Thoughts?

I will send you a pm when I get back inside from playing with my kids. Dont want to get into too much of a vs thing.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

I will send you a pm when I get back inside from playing with my kids. Dont want to get into too much of a vs thing.

Sounds good... But I don't think opinions (vs) in your own thread are frowned upon, I think it's more of vs threads and bashing that is a no no.

Archived