My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

Nice surprises for a Monday! I would bridge your amp to run the CT's at that high of a RMS. I got my 5.25" Strato's last week and where these speaker look decent i dont think will take a shit ton over high power. Better be SQ track on DD-1 and easy on the volumes. I can tell my looking at the crossover that they are the weak link. I could take pics of my T3 ,T2, Focal and CT crossover for comparison, but the CT's are weakest looking by far in the copper and electronics department. Maybe i will for fun.

Switch looks like a nice mounting location. System really transformed in a hurry, killer job on everything!

Ok I am sure most of you want to know what I think of my new box and DC M3-8. Well all I can say is it sounds F'ing amazing!! I don't know if its the enclosure or the sub but this is the best sounding sub I have ever owned. I have had a few subs from 8" to 12" and this sub just sounds so clean. It can handle every type of music I threw at it and all of it sounded good. It freaking hit the lows that my 12s could hit. It was just amazing. I wont compare it to the soundqubed 8 yet just because it was in a bigger box tuned to a different Frequency. What I was planning to do so I have a good equal test is load my phone with a folder of songs that hit the good lows. I need about an hour of music. I am driving 1 hour 10 min to work each way for a few months. This week I will listen to the same songs in the same order and get used to how the each sound with the DC sub. Oh and at the same volume level which for me on my deck is 35-40 out of 62. Then I will swap out for the Soundqubed 8 and play the same songs in the same order and I will give my opinion on each.

Well so far I am impressed with the DC. :)

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Nice surprises for a Monday! I would bridge your amp to run the CT's at that high of a RMS. I got my 5.25" Strato's last week and where these speaker look decent i dont think will take a shit ton over high power. Better be SQ track on DD-1 and easy on the volumes. I can tell my looking at the crossover that they are the weak link. I could take pics of my T3 ,T2, Focal and CT crossover for comparison, but the CT's are weakest looking by far in the copper and electronics department. Maybe i will for fun.

Switch looks like a nice mounting location. System really transformed in a hurry, killer job on everything!

I could always use my RE audio xxx cross overs. Also my amp puts out 250w x2 rms bridged @4 ohms. Might be hard on these little guys.

But the alternative is running them off the front two channels and only getting 75w per set @ 4 ohms. Looks like I am going to have to abuse these. lol

But like stated before I can always turn the gain down a bit and just monitor them. Most likely what I will do. Or the other option is to buy another set and run two sets bridged but that would take some modifications to the stocker door panels I just bought. HHMM we will see. At least it will give me another excuse to change and mod things later. :)

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

See... your already in the struggle of "will it be enough" lol Like i said if your like me,(and i think you are) that's how we ended up with the system we have now that have multiple drivers. Because we started with a single driver and wasn't happy or content with it.

I know now after having a 5.25" driver in my hand that they would do well as a midrange speaker (yes they can get low) but i think a perfect set up would be a 3-way front stage with a 8" midbass, 5.25" midrange and tweeter combo. Passive or active on 300 watts per side! That my goal some day.

Hell if your gonna go big might as well be a 4-way front stage with 10 subs also.

Pics of Crossovers. Sorry to thread jack! lol

IMG_2690_zpscjv4wkbz.jpg

CT Sounds

IMG_2691_zpsgjdztwf1.jpg

RF T2652

IMG_2693_zpsarzmol27.jpg

CT< FOCAL< RF

IMG_2694_zpsnyvz02qt.jpg

So in fairness the CT Sounds is a basic crossover with no extra functions. The Focal has tweeter Attuning, and the RF has it also plus the bi-amping with kinda is a cool feature. No wonder RF comps are spendy with all they have in these crossovers. T3's where in storage, i have like 8 RF crossovers i have never used. lol

I will have to post pics of the RE audio cross over and the Meso cross overs.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

I will have to post pics of the RE audio cross over and the Meso cross overs.

I like your idea of using the RE's crossover especially if your going to throw a bunch of power to them.

Here is a pic of the RE audio crossover.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_116359_RE-Audio-XXX-Crossover.html

I will be running the meso set off these crossovers. Its easy as I already have them installed and wired up.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Here is a pic of the RE audio crossover.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_116359_RE-Audio-XXX-Crossover.html

I will be running the meso set off these crossovers. Its easy as I already have them installed and wired up.

​Did you notice the tweeter attenuation at the top left? -9? wtf? And the woofer frequency attenuation? Thats cool! Way beefier crossover! If i remember correctly those RE can take some crazy power!

Archived