My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

I am not running the RE tweets right now but from what I remeber they were pretty harsh so putting them on -9 would quiet them down right?

I forgot what I have them set at now. I have two sets each side of Soundqubed tweets and its almost too much. Althought my hearing is bad so having louder highs helps me hear them. Lows are no problem lol I am hoping running one set of the CT sounds tweets in the door pillar pods will be enough for me. At least they will be more on axis than were the soundqubed ones are now.

Right now I have the 6.5s in the door crossed at 100hz because if its lower say 80hz or 64hz I get bad vibes from the pass door. Plus the sub right behind me with the port to my right is perfect handling the bass. That is why I chose the 5.25s for the door. I think I can get decent mid bass with out rattling the fuck out of my door. Just need to get the install right. I will add more sound deadener to the door and use the foam rings to help direct everything.

I know one thing is I need to stop reading because I almost said fuck it and bought a three way passive speaker set. I would build a pillar pods and shit but I came back to reality. LOL

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Oh ya -9 would help, probably why its an option. Try it and if you can make them RE tweeters sound good try them in the pods. ? Ya a 3-way set would be badass! The RE equipment best IMO of what you have to work with, The CT do look better than mine. Better basket.

The only problem with the RE's is the size. If I had room I would put them in the kick but I have a manual trans and they would be in the way. Otherwise they are too much for my doors IMO and do I really need that much mid base in such a small cabin of my truck? I don't think so. I know I am not selling anything anymore though. lol I always kick myself for doing it.

The RE tweets are too big to fit in the stock pod. I would have to install them in the A pillar and build a pod for them.

I can hide the CT's under the stock door panel. Who knows I may be building a blow through next.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

I still reserve the right to change my mind at any time. LOL Alright going to bed now. Having too much fun playing with speakers.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

The RE crossovers do look stout. I wonder how they compare as far as the crossover point and slope? I think the meso crossover has a tweeter attenuation switch if I'm not mistaken. Maybe you could A/B the crossovers to see if there is a noticeable difference in sound? I am thinking about getting a set of RE crossovers and I haven't even installed my mesos yet. lol

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Tweet pods showed up today.

Now waiting on the new used door panels.

Sub still sounded real good to and from work today. I changed a few setting on the deck. I have the sub crossed LP @ 80hz and +6db? I think that's the setting on the deck. It goes from +6 to -20 or something like that. And I have the loudness set to low. High is just too much and off is just too little. I know most don't use it but I do. I have the front stage HP crossed at 100hz. Then I just use the bass knob to adjust the sound of the sub to what ever song I have playing to the front stage. Some can handle full bass and some can not. Its fun playing with it though. I did turn off the front stage for a bit and just had the sub playing. Damn I need to do some vibration searching. That is the hardest thing to do IMO. Its really hard to tell where its coming from but I think if the vibs go away it makes things sound way way better. Anyway my goal if I can ever reach it is to be vibration free. Might be a lost cause though but damn what else do I have to do? LOL

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Got the tweets all hot glued in the pods. :) I love the hot gule gun for stuff like this. Is not pretty but it holds.

20161220_202755_zpsbxond2xb.jpg

20161220_202816_zpso5azyaxh.jpg

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Soundqubed stepped up again. My return shipping was $22

They told me I could have store credit. So I was going to get the speaker kit which costs $30. So they said that they are shipping it out today and I dont have to pay the difference. Good business in my book.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Archived