Second Skin Audio

Can someone explain? Top subs get warmer than bottom. Why?

Kyblack76

This is just a guess. But if your top subs are seeing the amp then wouldn't that get more electricity faster then your bottom subs so there for heating up faster? Prob sounds real stupid lol but I would think it flows all the same...idk:/

Naw, i think your thinking like the others. BUT, im 90% sure, the amp sees the bottom first. :shrug:

Its a weird ass deal... and, its not like the top is roasting and the bottom isnt. Its a SLIGHT slight diff. But there IS a difference.

Yeah it's def weird lol but is it a issue that needs corrected?

Are your top subs seeing a lower impedance some how?

Or is it really unloading?

Im not even worried about it. I was just curious, like Rusty, .... i like to fuck around with this type of shit. Im a maintence tech on industrial equip by trade.

So, if i smell something, hear something feel something out of norm, Im all over it. ;)

The top can not being seeing a different load.... The way its wired. Ya know? They cant be different due to them being wired to the bottom subs, and not each other.

Ill dig into later, i may wire into a X pattern when i pull the drivers to seal it off... but, its fun for sure

*uses laser temp gun.... measures temp difference from top to bottom.... difference is 1 degree*

*Shrugs shoulders* "yup something is fucked up"

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

The top can not being seeing a different load.... The way its wired. Ya know? They cant be different due to them being wired to the bottom subs, and not each other.

In a perfect world perhaps :)

But, yes, yes they can see a different load. Particularly if they are moving differently

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

But, yes, yes they can see a different load. Particularly if they are moving differently

So if i re wire it, say in a X, would impedance change? Or, if i wire top to bottom? Im clay in your hands if you can teach me bro!?

or does it even matter? Both runs read 1.4 NOMINAL.

i run both runs into both outputs of the amp (i was shooting for MOST wire, of course, like everyone). for a final .7 load.

Feed me info... .i fuckin love it

So if i re wire it, say in a X, would impedance change? Or, if i wire top to bottom? Im clay in your hands if you can teach me bro!?

or does it even matter? Both runs read 1.4 NOMINAL.

i run both runs into both outputs of the amp (i was shooting for MOST wire, of course, like everyone). for a final .7 load.

Feed me info... .i fuckin love it

total impedance won't change and that is not what we are looking at here

the culprit comes from the fact that the top woofers (due to the box) are moving differently than the bottom. Presumably the movement is less therefore closer to nominal impedance which also means a larger amount of current (ohms law) and therefore more heat.

why are they moving less? geometry

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz