Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Can someone explain? Top subs get warmer than bottom. Why?


Kyblack76

Recommended Posts

Posted

Also, if your just gonna say "Its a loading issue".

Walk to the fridge and get me a beer.

Tell me WHY ...

Ok,

4 - 15" subs in a flat wall. Port driver side. Sub wiring is the left 2 together, and right 2 together.

Top 2 drivers get "warmer" to the hand.

This is at the dust cap, and i dont know how much warmer. I do have a laser temp probe that ill use, when i really gaf about this issue.

It just makes me scratch muh head a bit as to WHY this happens. What do you buttholes think?

Thanks in advance for any help. And much thanks for someone that teaches me something new.
Cheers.

ky

Posted

Ok I,ll take the bait guys. without knowing how everything is wired. I would guess that the both the right and left top terminals are where the amp connects to. Which would on some cases reach a higher temp.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP7rjav9cD9UFdAYBJmz4M4LoNlF26ng1xhAf4Uhttps://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP7rjav9cD9UFdAYBJmz4M4LoNlF26ng1xhAf4U

2013 DODGE CHALLENGER R/T

SUNDOWN ZV4-18

CRESCENDO 3.5K

PIONEER AVIC 5300 NEX

ALPINE TYPE R 6.5S & 6X9'S

ROCKFORD FOSGATE 1.5" TWEETS

5 C&D TECH BATTS

Posted

Typically loading issues will be woofers closer to the port. I have to wonder if that funky too angle part of your port is part of the cause.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

Have you moved the port yet?

Nothing for now...

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

I'd grab Adam's ass and look him in the eyes for a demo of nates truck.

Posted

I like to test variables when i come across things, i would move the wiring from the top subs to the bottom ones and the wiring from the bottom subs to the top ones and see if the heat stays in the top subs or if it moves to the bottom ones.

DC AUDIO

Phone Number

1(855)SPL-DBZZ

Built by Competitors, for Competitors.

Posted

Heres an easy one speaker wire lengths the same length and gauge

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

I know that the canadians have problems with one of thier 10s blowing all the time. I think it is just one of them too.

Might wanna ask them what they think....

I think Derek said they may have fixed the problem

1349713160_rte.png

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3164 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...