DC Sound Lab

Box for 2 Lvl 6 15s

Lookin to slam the lows, how does this look for a box design? Gonna use 11ply birch.

lvl615s_zps5f279f1a.png

Not going for numbers, just wanna flex a bit and make some noise haha. Also whether you think center port or side port?

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Ford Ranger, but since i have the back wall cut out completely, the box will be in the bed firing into the cab. Going to seal it off eventually.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

no thoughts or comments?

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

looks good to me

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird..

He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke.

2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe

subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12

Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601

headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids

midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock

mids/highs: shitty off brand

Thanks! lol

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

If you're doing this in a daily driver, then go with a center port. For SPL purposes I find that a driver's side port is usually the loudest, since you are usually metering somewhat on the passenger side. Other than that, since it's a blow-through, is there any reason behind not going with a 4th order or am I misreading something?

Nah man, it's cuz of the bass.

Truck was cut open to do a 4th initially. Suspension gave out on it and had to rip the 40cuft shell out. This truck is destined to be a rock crawler and the box will eventually get transplanted into a 2500 suburban that i'm hopefully buying in the next few days. I'd love to actually finish the 4th but the money i'd spend on the enclosure will get put towards the exo-cage for the truck in the future instead, and gas for the hungry 6.0l in the burban haha.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

Lvl 6's, are well,.. their own beast. They dont play nice with box making programs, and the like.

IMHO they are not designed for any type of musical design. To me a BURP only type.

Also, i wouldnt put a Lv6 in a BP anyway. No way.

Shoot for a flat wall.

Or dump them for some xls or level 5's

Just me.......

Edited by KyLar96

No reason to be sorry Kylar lol They're def a rare breed and finicky could probably be the only way to describe them, and i haven't even played with them yet haha. Gonna see what they'll do in the box, if they blow they blow. I'll have a better reason to build them into 18s and play with them like that. Or sell them and move onto another level lol, althought i doubt i'll ever sell them for what i'd ask so they'll be trophy subs and collect dust on the shelf lol.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor