nvarano Posted December 5, 2013 Report Posted December 5, 2013 2 6in PVC aeroports, if they're 10-12in long do I need to support the ends with some box bracing or will the front mounting point be enough support?
bcbrassard Posted December 5, 2013 Report Posted December 5, 2013 I would think front mount might be enough. What type of subs and power? Internal support wont hurt as long as its done properly that doesnt affect air flow in box.
Krakin Posted December 5, 2013 Report Posted December 5, 2013 Bracing the inside portion of the ports helps a lot, much more if the bracing is flange with the port opening as it will lower harmonic distortion greatly. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
mothra Posted December 5, 2013 Report Posted December 5, 2013 i always create a mounting face for the flare inside the box for 6" aero ports. There's a reason the 6" aeroport has a mounting flare on both sides. if nothing changes, nothing changes You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know
nvarano Posted December 5, 2013 Author Report Posted December 5, 2013 They're 2 Soundqubed HDS215. Will be on an opti1400. And bracing the inside portion of the port? I'm not sure I understand
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.