Ipod headphone jack To line driver To amplifier

Im wondering if the signal voltage will be sufficiently boosted by the http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_27392_PAC-LD-10.html.

Will this line driver take the place of a healthy 4.5 pre-out voltage that would be otherwise coming from a deck?

I have heard the headphone jack of an ipod has 60 miliamps of current at full volume and im trying to boost that up to what would come out of a deck, effectively eliminating the deck.

And if It can supply that voltage, can I max it out to ten volts and then run two Y splitters off of the output side of the line driver? giving me two sets of RCA's at 5 volts off of one ipod headphone jack?

thanks all

Build's consist of:

2004 Chevy Impala :

Pioneer--------------------- DEH-X8600bs Soundqubed/AQ------ Q4-120

Rockford Fosgate---- Punch-500.4

Soundqubed/AQ----- Q1-3500D.1 Alpine----------------- 6.5's & 6x9's

Subs: TBA All Knukonceptz and SHCA wire and rca's

Home Music Setup

(4) Soundqubed HDS200 15's in two separate 15.5 cubic foot enclosures tuned to 31 hrz --- XM radio hardwire

Updates coming all the time on both builds

n8ball2013

"bullshit. Everything fits. If you cut enough."

• 1 month later...

I ran my iphone 4 directly to my EPX2 in the trunk this past summer with no noise issues. An Iphone4 puts out .76 volts at both the 30 pin and the headphone jack. The rca run was a 16 footer and the EPX2 was able to take the signal and ship it out to the amps. I also tries to run it through a RF BLT1 and then to the EPX2 and that was a nightmare.

Unless your running right next to a 0 gauge with 300 amps of current or using some cheap ass rca wire you'd be surprised how well .76volts will do

Measurements off the 30pin with a DD1 both signals at 0db measrued by a fluke true rms. got lazy and did not take pics of the headphone jack but it was the same.

IMG_0001_zps00b865bc.jpg

IMG_0002_zps7113a8d8.jpg

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Archived