Jbarrera93 Posted December 6, 2013 Report Posted December 6, 2013 Okay so I'm going to start planning for my dual 12" enclosure. Gonna be running 2 SDC 2.5's. I have one now in a 2.5cu box tuned at 33hz I like the sound I'm getting just not with the lows wanted to go with a 30hz tuning for the dual setup. Didn't know if they would be able to operate that low since SQ rates them at 36-37hz. 2001 Chevy Blazer LS Kenwood KDC-HD552U 2 12" SDC 2.5 D4 Fi SP4 18" 4 Sundown SA-12's HiFonics BE 1200.1 Soundstream RUB1.2500D Looking for a 5k XS Power D3100 4 Soundqubed 6.5's (Pro Audio) 2 Soundqubed 3-Way 6.5's 2 Soundqubed Super Tweeters
TZspeakersZac Posted December 6, 2013 Report Posted December 6, 2013 I would stick to your 33 hz tuning, in my experience AQ/SQ stuff doesn't like much below 35. Granted, I've only used HDC3's, could be different on the lower lines. Nah man, it's cuz of the bass.
Jbarrera93 Posted December 6, 2013 Author Report Posted December 6, 2013 OP how's your port area? Haven't done any calculations yet, I'm still at work. 2001 Chevy Blazer LS Kenwood KDC-HD552U 2 12" SDC 2.5 D4 Fi SP4 18" 4 Sundown SA-12's HiFonics BE 1200.1 Soundstream RUB1.2500D Looking for a 5k XS Power D3100 4 Soundqubed 6.5's (Pro Audio) 2 Soundqubed 3-Way 6.5's 2 Soundqubed Super Tweeters
RooTxBeeR Posted December 6, 2013 Report Posted December 6, 2013 OP how's your port area? Haven't done any calculations yet, I'm still at work. What the port area on your box now, with the single 12. If you are tuned to 33Hz and don't have the lows you probably have to much port. I have a skar IVX-15 in a box that's tuned to 31hz. And I can barely play at my tuning frequency, why? Too much port. Mistake I made that I learned from. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Jbarrera93 Posted December 6, 2013 Author Report Posted December 6, 2013 Don't know the area. What's the equation to calculate I think I still have the dimensions laying around. I know the width of the port is 3in. 2001 Chevy Blazer LS Kenwood KDC-HD552U 2 12" SDC 2.5 D4 Fi SP4 18" 4 Sundown SA-12's HiFonics BE 1200.1 Soundstream RUB1.2500D Looking for a 5k XS Power D3100 4 Soundqubed 6.5's (Pro Audio) 2 Soundqubed 3-Way 6.5's 2 Soundqubed Super Tweeters
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.