Sonic Electronix

what amp(s) sub(s) have you blown & how?

I've blown multiple stock speakers hooked up to my 3.5k free aired haha. Luckily haven't blown anything else though.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

rf p2 15. got this at a pawn shop in a box for $50. had it about 2 weeks and then it started makin noise....... gain then got turned up....lasted like 10 sec full tilt full clip. ripped the coil in half.

2 xplod 12- on a vvme amp playing WELL below tuning and most likely clipping (purple syrup songs) and they started getting coil rub...... i put the song on repeat and waited for it to go.....lasted maybe 2 minutes for both of them.....coil unwound LOL

powerbass freebee sub-12"- for fun on old xplod amp full clip....actually lasted awhile. blew the fuse in the amp.....then replaced.....then the sub blew a couple minutes later.

COUNTLESS door speakers for fun.

i think the xplod amp is done....not sure though. hooked up my 4 vvme 10s @ .5 and it just made a clicking sound coming from the amp.

just reread what i posted....not saying purple syrups songs are clipped.....clipping was my own fault lol

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

1 audiobahn 12, 2 sony xplod tens, boss 1600.2 amp, rockford fosgate r1 12, rockford fosgate p2 12, rockford fosgate 250 watt monoblock, rockford fosgate 4 channel, fusion 600.1 amp, crossfire 600.2 amp, hifonics 12, cerwin vega 15, kicker 350.2, kicker 150.2, 2 kicker comp tens.

im very abusive of my equipment. lol.

took twenty minutes of this until triple joint failed..coil never died.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Blown a MTX Terminator Thunder Road series 12". Don't really know how tbh because there was two in my box and only one blew. Probably something to do with wiring.

Check out my Youtube channel www.youtube.com/user/ologiic

blew my girls rf p2 today! did it on purpose! it's a dual 2ohm i hated that thing since the day i got it. traded some gear for a nice used 3rd gen type r dual 4 ohm since she has the alpine mrp 500 and does max at 2ohm. anyway hooked the rf p2 to my ct 1400.1 and cranked it! no clipping just good clean 2000w plus of power! didn't think it could xmax like it did but it held on for 4 songs before it started making crazy noises! R.I.P you Lil plastic piece of garbage! wasn't till i was taking it out of the box it hit me i should have video tapped its death!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff