Sonic Electronix

what amp(s) sub(s) have you blown & how?

just curious...

William - Metter,Ga. Dad, Self Installer/Fabricator & Repair Tech, Weightlifter, Motivator,

Team SKAR Audio Captain, Team Deadly Hertz Georgia Leader
99 Toyota 4Runner SR5, "Rolling Thunder"
Daily Driven, No Wall, C-Pillar Build, BASS LIFE!
2K16 SBN MECA Park and Pound DB3 Champion
2K16 SBN ISPLL Real SPL Class F Champion
Second Skin Damplifier Pro, Kenwood eXcelon KDC X498, Clarion EQ, Knukonceptz RCA's
The Big 3, Sky High Car Audio OFC & Kicker Hyperflex Silver Tinned 1/0 Gauge
Singer 340a Alt, Northstar NSB-AGM31, SMSAGM480, 12 NessCaps Super Caps
Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty Line Driver, The Oval Port Tuned To 31 Hz, CNC Machined
4 SKAR ZVXv2 D2 15's, 2 SKAR SK-4500.1's, 4 SKAR PAX 6.5's, 2 SKAR LP-80.4's

SKAR_468x60.jpg

MEMBER OF THE YEAR 2013
16018870_large.jpg
If you don't have any haters, get some, best motivation there is...

8" sub made from SA12 motor and sa8v2 parts with spacer.

Put it on about 1300w free air at 20hz and then eventually a socket.

at 20hz it took about 5-6 minutes but the triple joint started to fail....

then put it on a wall socket and took about 20-30seconds and actually jumped the gap from the triple joint failing and coil landing on top of the top plate getting stuck. Was pretty funny.

Stripped it and sold it dirt cheap a few days later.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

In all the years i've been doing car audio i've managed not to blow a single sub.
Although I've lent an alpine type R to my cousin and he blew that thing in less than 24 hours (he assured me it was going hammm and then poof)

Currently:

* Hybrid Audio Legathia 3-Way Active Front Stage

* (2) Morel Ultimo 12's

* (2) Arc Audio 1100.1 XDi v2 (Strapped @1ohm)

* (1) Arc Audio 1200.6

* RF 360.3 DSP

Never blown a sub or amp when I was just listening to music. The 8" is the only sub I ever mess up and that was on purpose and just to see mechanical limits. Little beast took it like a champ though for a long time. Brother did blow a few shitty amps from poweraqoustik and audiopoop......and som crappy components.

I also did blow a set of older mbquart(maxxsonics) midwoofers from a component set. Put them on the same 1300w amp wired in parallel to 2ohm haha.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Blew a Kicker Comp on a Hifonics BRZ2100.1D at 4 ohms. Took some pretty good abuse for a few weeks and then one day I decided to see if it'd handle more. It didn't

Also blew the dust cap off my 1st 12 inch Zcon. Box in the trunk port driver's side on the BRZ2100 and had front windows down with driver's door open and then I opened driver's rear door as well while playing low 20s and it just went crazy. Ended up gluing the cap back on and it's still working to this day!

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

Sa12 on a wall socket. Blew an aq2200 due to alt failure =[ busted the tinsel leads on my old zv3 15 I think it was getting too much power the coil looked perfect

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

I popped a tweeter because I forgot to set my crossover to high pass lol

Blew an old 2 channel amp, can't remember the brand even, it was when I was getting started and a retarded buddy had me wire 2 2-ohm subs in parallel to one channel.

Blew a T3 T.1000 12 that had been refurbed by the fucktard owner Demuth himself, had coil rub from the start and just failed after a while. Other one still works though.

Archived