new comp set sounds like poop

Awhitewookie

Finished installing my crescendo CD set(off the hu) and above 20 it sounds like poop

Alpine 9884 distorts at 29 both signals

I've read some reviews saying the crossover isn't good and to run them active. If I run the active (off the hu) should I separate the channels between the tweet and mid or should I have them both running off the same set of speaker wires?

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Yes I know. Started at a university so I'm broke as hell but got an awesome deal on black Friday for these. Do what I can with what I have

MY BUILD

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

reserve judgment until you can get at least 50 watts of clean power to each of the. and by each I mean each crossover not speaker.

Active off of HU power, no just don't even think about that.

The majority of component system do well with their factory crossovers. active is if you piece together your front stage or are trying to squeeze the most out of a component set you already have but it is far more difficult to set them up when compared to the plug and play of a comp set.

Save up and get more power, that's the stage your at right now. and don't send dirty power to the comps you have now, you'll fuck them up.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Appreciate it, thank you for the great advice

MY BUILD

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

• 3 weeks later...

I know you said clips at 29 ( is 29 is the last clean volume level ) but is that the level for RCAs you measured? or did you measured the actual speaker wires. I know on my deck 35 is clean in the RCAs but the speaker outs from the deck are only clean to 27. Figured id just bring that up! Hope you get a good deal on an amp soon!!

You need an amp man. You don't need to go active. You have much to learn before you get there. (Please don't think I'm in any way insulting your intelligence. Simply saying that active is a whole new world that you don't want to be in.) I think that I would look at something like this for you. Nothing crazy but you should get some pretty good sound out of them off an amp, even a small one.

Don't jump on an amp for these just yet!

I installed these for a customer off of a deh-x8600bh and they sounded awesome. The deck does have a 5 band eq so it allowed for some better tuning than other head units.

First look at your hpf on the head unit then play around with some settings. I'm not familiar with that unit as I am a pioneer nuthugger when it comes to decks.

2003 Tahoe

dc 7.5k

dc level 5 15's (3)

MMats 341's

xs power batts

lots of sky high cable

dual alts(came off the sky-high gmc and don't know who made them)

ipad in center console

vu-din in center console

all being ripped out and being sold

yeah, check the HPF on the deck. turn it up until the "poop" does away. and it should go away, as long as the other EQ settings aren't retarded.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I know you said clips at 29 ( is 29 is the last clean volume level ) but is that the level for RCAs you measured? or did you measured the actual speaker wires. I know on my deck 35 is clean in the RCAs but the speaker outs from the deck are only clean to 27. Figured id just bring that up! Hope you get a good deal on an amp soon!!

Ah good idea sir, I will do that! Since I checked the RCA's

You need an amp man. You don't need to go active. You have much to learn before you get there. (Please don't think I'm in any way insulting your intelligence. Simply saying that active is a whole new world that you don't want to be in.) I think that I would look at something like this for you. Nothing crazy but you should get some pretty good sound out of them off an amp, even a small one.

I appreciate your kind advice. I humbly accept it

Don't jump on an amp for these just yet!

I installed these for a customer off of a deh-x8600bh and they sounded awesome. The deck does have a 5 band eq so it allowed for some better tuning than other head units.

First look at your hpf on the head unit then play around with some settings. I'm not familiar with that unit as I am a pioneer nuthugger when it comes to decks.

This is exactly what I did a few hours after making the initial post. The HPF just slipped my mind. They sound great now till I get an amp. Thanks!

yeah, check the HPF on the deck. turn it up until the "poop" does away. and it should go away, as long as the other EQ settings aren't retarded.

Yessir. All good now!

MY BUILD

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

Archived