100% copper everything

been shopping around getting ready for my next build and i was thinking about doing everything in 100% copper all ofc wire and copper reducers copper lugs and copper screws for battery terminals. but i seem to have hit a snag being i cant find copper fuse blocks havnt looked into fuses yet.

reason being is doesnt copper conduct better then cca or aluminum or steal. so wouldnt current be able to flow easyer if everything from alt bat to amp was copper?

just a theory but otherwise why would toolmaker have copper reducers must have some type of benefit

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

so you think the reducers and duel inputs in copper would be a waste of funds for what i want in reducers and duel inputs it comes to 192. shipped thats for a pair of 1-2 1/0 duel inputs and 2 pairs of 1/0-4g and then in aluminum its 86 shipped lol

just seems like there would be a sorta bottle neck effect. im not sure what the comparison of aluminum vs copper in conductivity is but im sure copper is a better conducter just my thoughts thats why im asking opinions and such

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

But really, it's a lot of money for not too much benefit.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

so where would the points that should remain ofc be in your speaker wire and power cables. ik theres a decent difference in max loud between cca and ofc for your power wire

I'd say stick with OFC for the wiring and then just get some aluminum reducers and what not. The money you save from not going copper on every little bit could also help you get another battery or two, which would be quite a bit more helpful.

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

so where would the points that should remain ofc be in your speaker wire and power cables. ik theres a decent difference in max loud between cca and ofc for your power wire

Max loud? Run enough wire for the current your pulling and chances are you won't notice a difference whatever route you go for.

Besides, copper is over triple the price for maybe 20% better resistivity and copper will tarnish.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Archived