Making the right decision..

What was your degree path? In my opinion it makes a big difference here...some degrees are somewhat worthless...

I was rarely perfectly happy through college but thats kinda just the way it is sometimes, you have to push through the tough shit, it will be worth it in the future.

I'm glad you are happy tho man! Just remember the longer you are away the harder it is to go back

Ninja'd about the degree. I have my bs in EE so I know how much engineering classes suck. But its pretty damn hard to get a real engineering job without a degree these days

Very true. My job specifically that I am doing right now is Quality Assurance. I work testing various steel parts and perform microstructure and case depth analysis. Little to do with mechanical engineering and a lot to do with metallurgy. I find metallurgy very interesting. Would I rather take that in College? ahhhhhhhh dunno. Pretty steep lol.

College is the only thing that I find extremely hard for me to do. At work, I get all flying color reviews and asked when I can work more OT. Just wish I could do as good in school as I do at work.

edit: grammar, more information on field.

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

What were you studying, if you don't mind me asking

mechanical engineering technology
is that something you really want to do, i ask because without a degree it'll be hard to get a job in that field, not saying it can't be done but with a degree it'll be way easyer

Alpine 9884

RF T2 comp set up front

The Epicenter

2x RF T10001bd

2x Sundown sa-15 t-line

Big 3

Smd DD-1

What were you studying, if you don't mind me asking

mechanical engineering technology
is that something you really want to do, i ask because without a degree it'll be hard to get a job in that field, not saying it can't be done but with a degree it'll be way easyer

No. I love where I work right now though. It is metallurgy.

If I were to take something else in school, I would take something for car mechanics or something that I actually WANT to take.

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

Wanna ride bikes?

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

Do horns get low

Well to go with your feels, I just finished my first semester and ended up failing a class too, namely because of some poor choices and not seeking out the extra academic help I needed. I've been home for three weeks with no luck finding a job, and Jiffy Lube is supposed to call me back soon… I really appreciate seeing this story shared. I'm not entirely sure what to do with my life as of now-I want to work in the automotive industry and I'll be happy doing almost anything (higher pay the better obviously), but having the mechanical engineering degree I'm going after is pretty critical to getting over that threshold. I know I'm going to have to at least pay for the extra class that I'm going to have to take to make up the one I failed, but money's also tight for me and college never helps with keeping the wallet full, even with my parents paying for tuition and room and board…no real point to this post, just venting i guess

masterbation is free, and even saves you money.sorry but someone had to say it

sorry, Jimmy...beat you to it (no pun intended)

LOLDON'T get a wife. Best advice I never got, and now it's too late <_<

My build: 12" DCON in a dorm room.

New/current build: 8" woofer, custom amplifier block, fiberglassed speaker pods

Well to go with your feels, I just finished my first semester and ended up failing a class too, namely because of some poor choices and not seeking out the extra academic help I needed. I've been home for three weeks with no luck finding a job, and Jiffy Lube is supposed to call me back soon… I really appreciate seeing this story shared. I'm not entirely sure what to do with my life as of now-I want to work in the automotive industry and I'll be happy doing almost anything (higher pay the better obviously), but having the mechanical engineering degree I'm going after is pretty critical to getting over that threshold. I know I'm going to have to at least pay for the extra class that I'm going to have to take to make up the one I failed, but money's also tight for me and college never helps with keeping the wallet full, even with my parents paying for tuition and room and board…no real point to this post, just venting i guess

you aren`t alone bro.

I know exactly what it is like.

Funny I am waiting on a call from chrysler for an oil change job haha. My buddy works there. (I still am working at the metallurgy plant, but havent given them the news yet either so... that is why I have also fed my resume out in case something goes sour where I am currently working.)

Wanna ride bikes?

Do horns get low

I know how you feel on the Mechanical Engineering. That is what I am working towards, well was. I am 2 years and a term in and have lost all interest. I am always stressed and my friends and family have noticed. Problem is, my parents are responsible for my choice to go into engineering. I spent all my high school years thinking I was going to go to automotive school when I graduated only to have my parents convince me it was a bad choice and that engineering at a university was better for me. Well after 7 terms working at this crap with 2, likely 3 more years, not terms, until I could graduate, I have had enough. I am currently talking with advisors at a local community college working to transfer into their automotive program. What amazes me is that I have that excitement about school back and I already feel like a huge weight has been lifted. Some of my credits can be transferred and applied to an associates degree so I will be going that route. I will only have to do the automotive classes, no general education. On top of that, the program is early in the morning leaving the majority of the day free so a job is much easier to work with. I know my parents are going to be upset when I tell them, but I am at the point where I need to do what I feel is what I want out of life.

Archived