Second Skin Audio

tuning a sealed box?

Aj11

no, im picking up what your laying down. i have all the popular brands. i don't like buying off the internet. i support my local audio shop. I've had 4 go out of business in 3 years by me! it's so sad! for example, when i was selling my box. i bought it for $260 and was asking $100 fair right?this kid text me saying "hey i found your box new on Amazon for $99.95,so give me a good deal since it's used" i just told him to go ahead and buy off the internet then. i have 2 shops left and i try and bring as much business there as i can.

one more thing. say i sell my amps for $200 a pop and save the $150 I'm about to spend, so $550 what single amp (new/used) i that range will give me what I'm looking for? here's what i want in a amp RATED POWER!, bass boost that i can adjust the hz to not just stuck at 40 or 50hz a q would be nice, a subsonic filter(adjustable would be nice) and the ability to do rated power any where from 14.6-11 volts to handle the drop.

idl i guess I'm picky. I've owned a whole.bunch of amps since i was 14,I'm 26 now I'm saying 20+ because I'm always buying trading selling in the wantadds And out of all those amps the only one I've liked more than my jls was my zapco 9.0 1ohm stable! I LOVED THAT FUCKING AMP! I MISS IT SO MUCH! bought it off my brother in law many years back like 6 i think for $1,200 but i sold it when my wife got really sick( she's been a diabetic since she was 16) for almost half what i spent. so i honestly don't think I'll ditch the jls till i find/can afford another one.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Well, the CT Sounds 1400.1 does ~58% more than rated power and has all the features you mentioned, save the adjustable bass boost. And frankly, it wouldn't bother me if it had no bass boost whatever because it's not needed in a properly set up sub stage. It also has a voltage meter, a power light, a clipping indicator and a power button built into the bass knob. It's stable well below 1Ω and can be had for ~$350.00 at my shop and many others around the country. And if there's not a dealer in your area to buy from, a dealer from another area can sell you one.

That's just one of many high quality amps that, for less money (new) than your budget, will outperform the JLs on any number of fronts. Take a stroll through the member build log section of this site and you'll see them being used over and over again in everything from professional SQ & SPL builds to home built competition systems and daily drivers. What you won't see much of though, is JL and Alpine. Although you will see a number of head unit's from the latter.

And it's been like that for a long time too bro. Like you, I started in this hobby in my mid teens. The difference is that I was in my mid teens in 1984. I've always had some sort of aftermarket car audio in my vehicles, even when I didn't work in the industry, and people have always been impressed with the sound quality and output of whatever I've got in my ride. And I've never owned a JL product or and Alpine sub or amp. Why? Because there has always been something out there for less money that would perform as well or better. At least, that's been my experience for the past 28 years. ;-)

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Shit for 550 check out the sound solutions audio store for since sundown audio great, or maybe even DC sound labs.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I'm Gonna do some shopping, test the water on selling my amps. i do want to.make one thing clear tho, IN NO WAY AM I PROMOTING JL OR ALPINE! every jl sub I've owned i was not happy with, even the w7 12 on my zapco i wasnt really impressed by. given the box could have been better but still(don't get me started on the w6 line! crap! and every other thing I've owned from alpine has been a joke! all the equipment in my car has been gathered over the last several months.(amps 3-4 yeaes ago) i was looking at the night shades after my othersubs blew got impatient and bought the type r,liked it bought another 4months later and the third 3months after that. so i know the lies And crap that these companies put out.

are dc sound labs really as great as everyone says?

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Zapco 9.0 was not 1 oohm stable. Came in two versions 2 ohm or 4 ohm models. Made 2200 watts at the stated loads.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

bridged was 2ohm yea, put you could put a one ohm load to either side. the zapco 9.0 xd if need be I'll sign up for the stuff to post pics here,i still have 40+ pics on my phone from this amp. on the terminals it says right 1ohm min left 1ohm min bridged 2ohm caution highvoltage coming from speaker terminal. the amp took the symblink cable could be run in master slave...

oh i Just seen that ct 1400.1 SM tested that Looks bad! i might just wait till Tax time And pick one up. i want to mount it clear side up Tho! so sexy thanks for that! $350 i might get 2

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff