Sonic Electronix

Blown SUB~Rite of Passage

I would make him pay for it you had it set right and it sounds like he lied about how they got changed even though you did a hell of a thing for him

My setup,

Digital Designs M80

3 Re audio 10's ported tuned to 36 hz

Kenwood x-696

SHCA 0 gauge

Polk audio coax running off hu

i would absolutely make a day/weekend for the two of you to do it together. both the break down then install. i wouldn't make him spend money i would just want the truth and a apology! i would be way more upset about the lie then the equipment! when you teach him the right way he'll have nite respect for his system and the time it takes to do it right. good luck and welcome to the group

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2661]

Thanks everyone for the feed back so far.

Someone asks for pics of the damage. The sub and amp look to be in great shape physically.

The sub rubs when you manually move the cone and crackles when played with a working amp.

When the amp is hooked up to the blown sub, the cone immediately extends outwards.

That tells me the amp is sending continual current, but I don't know if it's AC or DC. I don't know a lot able electrical terminology.

Here is a pic of the FREE goodies. Shit, collectively this stuff comes out to about $1850.00 if new! (And this does not include inflation adjustment!)

Update: What's funny is that he does not want the 6.5 RF components. He wants his stock "updated from the factory Infinity 6x9s". LOL. I have tried to

tell him, "Son,once you go components, you will never go back to any coaxial speaker again!". Unfortunately he doesn't understand. Guess he

attributes more surface area as better. Trust me the sound quality from the door speakers pushed by his Kenwood CD player is atrocious and hurts my ears!!!!!

Trying to post a pic.

-Frank

upload to photobucket or any other image hosting webiste, and copy/paste the IMG link here

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

I personally was given everything to build my first system, however I had to build it all and take care of it. If i broke anything, system, car or otherwise i had to replace it. After replacing an amp 2 subs and a bunch of coaxials i realized that i was doing something wrong. I started learning what i could and researching everything before buying and found out that even though i thought i blew stuff because it was crap quality it was actually how i was using it. Now i only know a couple people with better systems than mine and they work at the stereo shops. I also recently installed a system in my dads truck that is by far better than anything hes ever had.

Make your kid learn, don't just give him stuff, once he learns he'll hook you up in the future. Also he probably has some friend with like 4 15s and ao he thinks good sound equals loud sound. He will learn someday but if you give him another system he will blow it again searching for what he thinks good is. His opinion of good and ours is different.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah I would charge him for the stuff to be rebuilt, set it all up again and go with the sticker over the amp controls until he can learn responsibility.

point him towards the smd forum and have him read and learn from the info here.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived