Winter tire recommendations

My mom has those on her charger great in the snow but they suck in the rain.

rain idgaf about. my "stock" tires are supposedly fantastic in warm dry and wet conditions. the manual says im not even supposed to be driving the car on those tires when its under 40F...and i dont remember the last time i was that warm.

Well they should work for you then they are for sure great in the snow.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

What's the smallest wheel you can run? I use to rock 205/55/16's for winter in place of 225/40/18's on my GTI.

wheels? 16's, but the clearance between the caliper and rim is too close for some peoples comfort...regarding little rocks and shit.

i priced out some steelies and winter tires for those (winter package on tirerack) but it was like $100 more than just snow tires for my current rims.

Damn, there is NObody in Chicago selling something with your bolt pattern, which is 5-108 I believe?

like local? haven't really checked. name brand stores around here (looking online) dont even carry my tire size.

edit: wait, just realized what you meant. checked craigslist around here a bit. nothing that really interested me tbh.

What's the smallest wheel you can run? I use to rock 205/55/16's for winter in place of 225/40/18's on my GTI.

wheels? 16's, but the clearance between the caliper and rim is too close for some peoples comfort...regarding little rocks and shit.

i priced out some steelies and winter tires for those (winter package on tirerack) but it was like $100 more than just snow tires for my current rims.

$100 extra up front but price an oem "performance' wheel after pot hole destruction and likely $4-500 without replacement tire. Steels will bring down the beauty of that sweet ride. Get some smaller alloys and roll winter wheels like a boss.lol

LOVE my Blizzacks. :D

My M3 can surprisingly get around pretty damn good in the snow with them.

Much better then previous front-drive cars I've had.

:good:

same here just got the ones for my teg

they stop pretty damn quick too

the other few i would check into would be the hankook i pikes, general tire makes a few snow tires and michelin but the bridgestones would be cheaper and are great

$100 extra up front but price an oem "performance' wheel after pot hole destruction and likely $4-500 without replacement tire. Steels will bring down the beauty of that sweet ride. Get some smaller alloys and roll winter wheels like a boss.lol

yeah true that. found this rim for $230 http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com/FOCUS_ST_WHEEL_18_GLOSS_BLACK_p/m-1007-m188gb.htm

so my car is absolutely horrible in the snow. fuggin summer tires.

stock tires are 235/40/18. was thinking of getting some blizzak ws70's.

any other ideas?

Didn't read the other replies.

Move where it isn't so fucking cold.

One set of tires.

/thread ;-)

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

so my car is absolutely horrible in the snow. fuggin summer tires.

stock tires are 235/40/18. was thinking of getting some blizzak ws70's.

any other ideas?

Didn't read the other replies.

Move where it isn't so fucking cold.

One set of tires.

/thread ;-)

lol pay for the gas and ill move in with you.

In the past between my wife's cars and mine we've always had good like with Michelin all season tires. Just recently since I don't want to spend the money on new tires for my car since they're new from when I got it, is to get the tires siped at discount tire. Made a world of difference for me and only costs $10/tire. I know sensei gets it done to his tires as well.

Archived