Second Skin Audio

Subwoofer Hardware Suggestions

kryptonite

For my new build, i need to hold some substantially heavy subs in a wall. Found these structural screws by Camo Fasteners, mainly used for building applications. The website says they replace up to a 1/2" lag bolt so i figure they'd work relatively well.

20131219_130948_zpsdc679965.jpg

Was looking for something with a hex head but these should work just as good. Didn't want to go nut and bolt because i don't think i'd be able to access the back side to tighten them. Any other suggestions you could think of that would work?

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Hurricane nuts:

http://www.parts-express.com/10-32-hurricane-nuts-50-pcs--081-1082

Or barbed inserts:

http://www.parts-express.com/10-32-barbed-body-insert-nuts-50-pcs--081-1094

Then just use socket head cap screws of the appropriate size.

ETA: If you don't think the 10-32 sized hardware is going to cut it you can get both of the above in 1/4"-20 sized stuff too, which I'm sure would be up to the task.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

i looked at those, didn't seem to be strong enough but i'll check them out again and do a bit more research on them.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Hurricanes and t nuts suck. Ive posted pics of what I use. They are stainless steel t15 screw head and have worked way better than anything ive used before

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I spy carbon cone

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Hurricanes and t nuts suck. Ive posted pics of what I use. They are stainless steel t15 screw head and have worked way better than anything ive used before

Where is said post?

I spy carbon cone

You spied correctly, left overs from my m2 lvl 6s that i never got to play with lol

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

Archived