Dual inputs worth it?

i think yes on amps that can put out power but only have 1 set of 0 guage inputs for like 5k or strong 4k amps.

i noticed gain. especially in summer when things get hot. less voltage drop. even though wire can handle 300 amps, there will still be drop. a second run lowers that drop even more.

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

I gained .3 with mine

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

most of your post is true but on the wire i will call bull... i got some SKY high wire and its in par with most car audio wire. fosgate kicker knu jl audio xs wire and even bullz audio wire.. its the welding wire that is undersized together with the cheap audio wire.. you cant compare quality car audio wire to welding cable or cheap wire

Maybe go back and read what I said.

I NEVER SAID SKY HIGH WIRE IS NOT ON PAR WITH OTHER WIRES.

Not to mention all those brand wires you listed are OVER SIZED 1/0 gauge wires and highly defeat the 300amp load limit of a true awg wire.

How I worded it is that their wire is above other manufactures wires...

He can use whatever brand wires he wants, but why I suggust a true awg wire is to keep the tests unbiased.

He can use the sky high 2/0 gauge wire if he wants that can support loads of over 400 amps per run, all this will show is that when he goes and doubles up the runs with dual input adapters his test results would be even lesser then expected because the original wire carried the same load just fine.

Perfect example is knukoncepts kolossus 1/0 wire, and its 12mm inner diameter and able to carry 375amps of current @ 20 foot lengths.

Sky highs 1/0 is 13.5mm inner diameter, so if they are packing more wire content in their 1/0 gauge wire chances are it is able to handle the same 375 amps or more per 20 foot lengths.

So meaning if you use this sky high wire that is so far above the american wire gauge standards it wouldnt be fair for a unbiased test.

And how that would effect this test would be in no benefit for this test, being that CJ says dual inputs add db's on the meter, because now that same 7.5k dc amplifier that requires 750amps of fusing and is using 2 runs of wire that can carry 375+ amps of current per run making it 750+ amps would show 1 of 2 things.

1) that the skyhigh oversized 1/0 gauge wire cant handle the same amount of amperage that knukonceptz kolossus can which is a smaller diameter (but then again SHCA does not list an amperage rating on their wire, maybe this is why)?

2) the 7.5k amplifier pulls more current then what it is rated for, which would also be bad because then having the added dual input terminals as an add on shows how badly that the amps input is gimpped out on)

I guess that there would be a 3rd, and that would be that dual inputs make a difference, but only because the wire cant handle rated or claimed amperage loads or because the amps design is slightly poor because it should have 3 1/0 inputs instead of 2.

Lastly welding wire is not under rated, it is the true spec wire size by the AWG standard, and welding wire meets and exceeds various other tests that car audio cable will never pass.

I gained .3 with mine

That maybe, and I believe that.

But then again dont you wire your amps down to something like .25ohms per amp?

Highly un efficient, and drawing way more current then what they do when used in the way the manufacture intended.

;)

I know my saz-4500s draw over 610amps of current each when they are full tilt and wired to .35 each

Either way at such low impedance the amp draw needed to keep the amps from going snap crackle pop is going to out weight the amount of terminals they need when the amps are used at specified impedance loads if that makes sense

^^^

Kind of like the people that think well if the amps wire only needs a 150amp fuse, and i put in a 300 amp fuse, it will get more power ;)

Oh but it will get more power with a bigger fuse. Enough power to free the precious smoke from the little thingies in there. :morepower1:

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

I look at it like this during a burp or 30 sec run I want as much current available at my amps as possible for that instant draw u could have a bad connection why not have extra support .. I would rather have 2 hoses fighting a fire than one

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

what about a super hose?! one ginormus hose

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

thats why i planned to do a single run of 4/0 welding wire thats rated at 500+ amps for 50 feet when my longest run will be 25. plan to run around 6k worth of amps so i figured around 600 amps max draw. maybe slightly higher but should be well within the ratting for 4/0

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

thats why i planned to do a single run of 4/0 welding wire thats rated at 500+ amps for 50 feet when my longest run will be 25. plan to run around 6k worth of amps so i figured around 600 amps max draw. maybe slightly higher but should be well within the ratting for 4/0

why not go with Sky high 2/0? its the same size and more flexible

Archived