Second Skin Audio

box for 2 15 inch dc xls

Nubcakeninja

looking for some help on a box design, this will be my second box ive ever built. i have a 95 blazer 4 door ive got 38 inches between the wheel wells and 32 inches between the back seat and the tailgate and the window line is 15 inches although it can obviously go over the window line. also i plan on putting either 2 t2500s to these subs or a dc 5k i havent decided yet but that is the amount of power i plan to use. thanks for the help in advance guys. i would like the subs up and port back but idk what all is possible in the space i have so whatever anyone comes up with ill be grateful haha thx guys

1995 Blazer lt 4dr

2 t1d412s

1 t2500.1bd

4 polk audio door speakers

2 dash speakers(coming soon)

1 amp to run my mids and highs(coming soon)

7 cubes w 2 6in psp aero ports at 17in long each. Had it for my 2 XL m1's and crushed lows down to 24hz with authority and played well up to about 45hz.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

ok haha im trying to use the torres box calculator and stuff, its my first time using that and im trying to draw up how it will look, does it matter where the aero ports go? ive never used those either

1995 Blazer lt 4dr

2 t1d412s

1 t2500.1bd

• 2 weeks later...

yea, i am loving this design and ill have a liltle over 5 inches from the port to the gate, i was curious because i am using some sweet dc subs if i could incorporate a plexi or lexan window?? how would i go about doing that? or is that not a good idea?

1995 Blazer lt 4dr

2 t1d412s

1 t2500.1bd

If you were to do a plexi window, I'd put it on the panel with the port. You'd need some thick glass, and I'd double up the baffle you're installing it in. Then bolt the glass to the inner baffle and make it flush with the outer. I also would not make the window much larger than 24" in any dimension. Just my opinion, by no means a guide.

Nah man, it's cuz of the bass.

yea that was where i was gonna try to put one, im just working on how i will get it to look good and still be strong enough for the flex and stuff

1995 Blazer lt 4dr

2 t1d412s

1 t2500.1bd

Well, if you double baffle and don't go over the 24" in one direction you should be fine flex wise, my main concern would be a good seal. You would definitely need 3/4" plexi.

Nah man, it's cuz of the bass.

Archived