Bought a plunge router, now what bit do i need?

SlamminBeats

I bought a craftsman plunge router. I also have the jasper circle jig.

What bit do i need to cut through 3/4 mdf or birch and is there a bit to cut through 1.5 mdf or birch?

Also i want round over bits. 3/8 1/2 and 3/4. Does it matter which ones i buy?

I dont know anything about bits at all and need help. Links would be nice too. The cheaper the better.

Does that router also have a half inch collar or just a quarter inch?

2003 Tahoe

dc 7.5k

dc level 5 15's (3)

MMats 341's

xs power batts

lots of sky high cable

dual alts(came off the sky-high gmc and don't know who made them)

ipad in center console

vu-din in center console

all being ripped out and being sold

Good question. To be honest I have a bosch router and have a few bits but I don't know much about the bits for them. I do own a few bosch bits, I think one in 1/4 and a couple other in 1/2. I can change the size out though on mine. Not sure if you can do the same with yours. I know one is just a straight cut router bit and I have a trimming bit also which is good to follow a pattern. Also have the jasper jig and that's about the extent of my knowledge of that tool lol.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)
Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gauge
TM Metalworkz battery terminals

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

Use a 1/4" spiral up cut or a straight cut bit for circles, since the jasper is set up for 1/4" bits, the spiral up cut is most likely the best though. I use Bosch bits, things like router bits, drill bits, and saw blades i don't like to cheap out on. They seem to stay sharper longer imo.

It's like rubbing your wiener up against a sheep.

Use a 1/4" spiral up cut or a straight cut bit for circles, since the jasper is set up for 1/4" bits, the spiral up cut is most likely the best though. I use Bosch bits, things like router bits, drill bits, and saw blades i don't like to cheap out on. They seem to stay sharper longer imo.

1/4 to cut through 3/4"?

1/4" diameter. I use a 1" long bit because I don't like to cut through all of it at once. I find it best to make a few passes to keep the heat down on the bit and I burned up one trying to power through 3/4" MDF.

It's like rubbing your wiener up against a sheep.

Archived