bbeljefe Posted January 2, 2014 Report Posted January 2, 2014 Free Air FTMFW! Dude.. Not offence at all. But is that shirt moving? Shit, drop both windows at least with that shit again, maybe im seeing somthing else. Also, i bet your port area is twice as much as mine..... Teach me??? again, no offence No offence taken. I get that that isn't an impressive shirt trick. It wasn't meant to be. This is a demo vehicle that's geared toward a blend of sound quality and low frequency response, not sound pressure. It's two 15s on two AT1400.1s and the point of posting that video in this thread wasn't to show off its shirt tricking ability. It was a response to the comment that a lot of port area equates to free air. Do subs in free air move anything at all? If they do, then kindly show me the evidence and I'll take my marbles and go home. :-) EDIT: And in case you missed my posts above this one, this is a ¼ wave transmission line, not a ported box. It's supposed to have a lot of port area. In fact, this one has 8% less port area than it should, according to t-line design theory. Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc Instagram: audioanarchyllc Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe
bbeljefe Posted January 2, 2014 Report Posted January 2, 2014 I like T Lines...they're ok...but always take up so much space. I prefer an ABC style e closure over a t line That's another good alignment and I actually modeled one before I did the build in my truck but surprisingly, it was harder to fit a dcbr in the space I have than it was the line. Probably because of my obsession with port area, lol. What is an ABC style enclosure? It's a dual chambered ported box where the driver loads into a chamber with one port loading into the listening area and another port loading into the second chamber, which is also ported into the listening area. Here's some more/better info. Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc Instagram: audioanarchyllc Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe
Karkov Posted January 2, 2014 Report Posted January 2, 2014 I like T Lines...they're ok...but always take up so much space. I prefer an ABC style e closure over a t line That's another good alignment and I actually modeled one before I did the build in my truck but surprisingly, it was harder to fit a dcbr in the space I have than it was the line. Probably because of my obsession with port area, lol. What is an ABC style enclosure? It's a dual chambered ported box where the driver loads into a chamber with one port loading into the listening area and another port loading into the second chamber, which is also ported into the listening area. Here's some more/better info. 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
MrBigs63' Posted January 2, 2014 Author Report Posted January 2, 2014 I like T Lines...they're ok...but always take up so much space. I prefer an ABC style e closure over a t line That's another good alignment and I actually modeled one before I did the build in my truck but surprisingly, it was harder to fit a dcbr in the space I have than it was the line. Probably because of my obsession with port area, lol. What is an ABC style enclosure? It's a dual chambered ported box where the driver loads into a chamber with one port loading into the listening area and another port loading into the second chamber, which is also ported into the listening area. Here's some more/better info. Okay. Now that you have stated this I can say that I have seen one of these before. Thank you sir.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.