Sonic Electronix

i know he is, that sub should be able to handle the power. your amp and your sub really aren't that good. I've seen xplods on really powerful amps and not make any noise.

if your gain is a clock what time do you have it set for? and did you press on the sub? if its making unwanted noise and just started to its most likely your sub. unless your getting port noise but that would have happened from the jump.

can you describe the noise?

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Gain is set between the 4 and 5 volt spots. I have a 4 volt HU with volume defeat set to maximum (my 4 channel doesn't have a gain knob only has a low/high switch and I am still running factory "premium" JBL's that I am trying now to blow.) Bass boost is on zero. Voice coil on sub is good. No crackle on push test.

What I was trying to say, was that to test the amp I hooked up a second subwoofer to cut voltage to the first and that I was able to set my subwoofer to max on the hu and even set my bass boost to max on the amp and still get clean audio from both subwoofers. I only did this to test the amplifier. I don't believe it's the amp.

My box is 1.85 cubic foot labyrinth ported prefab. The box is solid and has no leaks.

To AJ11 and BigGains. I understand the difference between gain and volume. I consider my self pretty proficient with audio gear, I'm just trying to take advantage of every resource I have. I really doubt I am clipping. When I run the same settings distributed to two woofers instead of one, I get clean audio.

I have a Sony 10" in the front room. I'm pretty sure I'm clipping the hell out of it but it does not make any sounds like you describe. But I'm not over powering it. My alpine type R 12" is ran buy a pioneer 600W RMS amp and if I turn it up so far, It sounds like it is sparking/shorting out. It is because I over power it and I am clipping it. Take one or both of those and put it on your situation. I'm not a Audio guru but it sounds like what I just said.

are you sure you dont have the rca's backwards? what your describing to me sounds like a bad sub. I'm trying to think of what a plastic gurgling ..sounds like.

i had a cerwin Vega click from a shot coil..it didn't sound like Any other blown sub I've heard. it almost sounded like the cone was smacking off the other subs cone. a loud hard slap clicking sound. but your saying you a bubbling sound. what would you compare the noise to? just trying to help

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

i really think your sub is done man! even clipping wouldn't make that noise. do you know anyone with another system that you Can either barrow there sub or throw your sub on there Amp. but I'm almost positive that sub is shot

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

exile sounds like it isn't sealing as for the sony i think the box maybe a little on the big side

just say no to bass boost had it on for a bit when i had my kenwood head unit in and it showed clean on the dd-1 but started getting smelly voltage was good paused it turned off boost started playing it again no smell

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

most blown subs sound "ok" on low volumes

2004 Grand Prix GT

(2) 12" RE XXXs (04/05 XBL^2)

5 cu. ft tuned @ 35 Hz

MMATS HD4000.05

MMATS SQ4100

Infinity Kappa components

Juice Box black cherry

Duralast platinum group 34

1/0 KNU OFC, 2/0 welding