Need review on plans for DD sub in home audio setup

Watch tuning so low for home audio. The acoustics are alot different then a car. I would tune to 32 Hz.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Watch tuning so low for home audio. The acoustics are alot different then a car. I would tune to 32 Hz.

Depends on what hes going for if its mainly movies large low tuned enclosure is usually the way to go.. both music and movies probably will have to build the box and play with the tuning

Or he could tune to in the 30s then plug one port when watching movies to achieve the 22 he wants

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird..

He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke.

2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe

subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12

Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601

headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids

midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock

mids/highs: shitty off brand

That seems like a good way to get port noise in a hurry.

If its just for movies 25hz tune should be good. But what are you doing for 45hz and up?

Just curious cause this looks like a cool build

That seems like a good way to get port noise in a hurry.

If its just for movies 25hz tune should be good. But what are you doing for 45hz and up?

Just curious cause this looks like a cool build

i dont know what he has for fronts but most towers have no problem with 45 and up And with tuning that low 45hz there might be a problem might not be in depends on alot of things placement is one capabilities of amp is another

I exaggerated a bit with the 45hz but yeah I see maybe 55 tops. I just didn't see any other equipment listed.also I'm not bagging on this at all. Tuned in

Alright so 25hz seems to be a bit low. Thanks for the feedback because I have never tried my hand in the home audio realm before. I had just always heard to tune low, however I do need this system to play music predominately and to be a "theatre" secondly. All criticism is welcome.

Also I might take some pictures later because my mids/ highs setup came from craigslist lol

Alright so 25hz seems to be a bit low. Thanks for the feedback because I have never tried my hand in the home audio realm before. I had just always heard to tune low, however I do need this system to play music predominately and to be a "theatre" secondly. All criticism is welcome.

Also I might take some pictures later because my mids/ highs setup came from craigslist lol

I've heard to tune low but my box is at 32 hz in my basement and kills the low lows and sounds good with movies. Upper/mid 20s should be good for movies

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird..

He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke.

2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe

subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12

Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601

headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids

midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock

mids/highs: shitty off brand

If you are using PVC its easy, just cut the for 25hz and if you don't like them pull them out and shorten them for a higher tune. Just try to keep the length of tube inside the box about the same so you port displacement doesn't get to wonky

Archived