Smoove Posted January 6, 2014 Report Posted January 6, 2014 I will be running 3 sets of RF T1675-s on the front channels of a T15004 (yes the gains will be way down). The T15004 can be set between a 12dB/octave Butterworth or 24dB/octave Linkwitz-Riley filter. Which setting should I use? 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
smashedz28 Posted January 6, 2014 Report Posted January 6, 2014 Have you tried either? Might want to try both slopes to see what you like best
slamingsuburban Posted January 6, 2014 Report Posted January 6, 2014 Iw would go with what the guy said above me only thing I would definitely use the 24 on is the subsonic so they stop playing close to where I set them at
Skullz Posted January 6, 2014 Report Posted January 6, 2014 Every 6db the phase changes 90 degrees, so 12db will be 180 degrees and 24db will be 360 degrees, so you will want to try both and see which sounds the best. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
Smoove Posted January 6, 2014 Author Report Posted January 6, 2014 Have you tried either? Might want to try both slopes to see what you like best Still building the system. So it will be a while before I can test. 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
Jessica Posted January 6, 2014 Report Posted January 6, 2014 I think you will love those 1675's, i have two sets and the get on two 85.4's and they get loud and sound good doing it. I run a my tweets at 3.5k hp with an 12db and the mids i run 2k with a 12db IIRC. Just seems to me they blend better that way, but that may be my cars acoustics too. Let us know how they work out for you. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
trumpet1 Posted January 6, 2014 Report Posted January 6, 2014 For a high pass filter on speakers, the steeper the slope the lower you can set the HPF frequency safely. The phase shift is going to happen regardless, and it mainly affects the interaction between your subwoofers and the mids. You'll get more phase shifts simply by adjusting the EQ, so trust your ears. When you're trying to protect the speakers from getting damaged, the steeper slope is the safer choice.
Smoove Posted January 6, 2014 Author Report Posted January 6, 2014 I think you will love those 1675's, i have two sets and the get on two 85.4's and they get loud and sound good doing it. I run a my tweets at 3.5k hp with an 12db and the mids i run 2k with a 12db IIRC. Just seems to me they blend better that way, but that may be my cars acoustics too. Let us know how they work out for you. I like hearing a good review for the T1675's. I will be running them on the front channels and the rear channels are gonna run 4 P2D4's. And the Subs will be 2 RF T2k's. For a high pass filter on speakers, the steeper the slope the lower you can set the HPF frequency safely. The phase shift is going to happen regardless, and it mainly affects the interaction between your subwoofers and the mids. You'll get more phase shifts simply by adjusting the EQ, so trust your ears. When you're trying to protect the speakers from getting damaged, the steeper slope is the safer choice Good info. thanks. 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.