Ryon Johnson Posted January 7, 2014 Report Posted January 7, 2014 How can I add a 3" driver with passive crossover to my hertz hsk165xl component set and have it at 4 ohms after? 3" and a bandpass crossover 800 - 5khz. Will the new addition interfere with the sound quality of the 2 way set? Thanks.
Ryon Johnson Posted January 7, 2014 Author Report Posted January 7, 2014 I meant to ask how can I make the load 4 ohms after they are wired together into the same channel*
dolarbilz Posted January 7, 2014 Report Posted January 7, 2014 What 3" driver? Maybe look into running active or look for a 3way passive crossover ideally its not good cause speakers are matched to them. But adding a 3" mid on same channel with other comps won't yield 4ohm. Why do you need 4ohms?
jk13 Posted January 7, 2014 Report Posted January 7, 2014 Best way would be contact a Hertz dealer and see if you can buy the 3" mid and 3 way crossovers from a HSK163 set. Or sell yours (or move them to the rear) and buy a HSK163 set. I wouldn't add a random 3" driver and random crossovers. Static drops are my bag.
Ryon Johnson Posted January 7, 2014 Author Report Posted January 7, 2014 I have the hskxl's running off an alpine f6 and an audiocontrol eql... I wanted to run It at 2 channels and really push the components, but I can leave it on 4 channels and run the 3" ative on the other 2... just feel like its wasted power going to them, and I havnt picked a 3" driver yet, was just curious on what it would sound like, I don't need it at 4 ohms but if I drop it to 2 is it going to hurt the quality of the hskxl's ? Thanks.
Ryon Johnson Posted January 7, 2014 Author Report Posted January 7, 2014 And I do not want to sell the hskxls, the mids sound amazing high arnt bad either, and the guy who sold them to me messed up and only charged 320 $ Canadian after tax.
bcbrassard Posted January 7, 2014 Report Posted January 7, 2014 Speaker ohm doesnt change, just what the amp sees from # of speakers wired up to it.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.