Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Alternative to Kreg Jig?


SMZ2

Recommended Posts

Posted

Okay I'm in the process of building a wall and I was wondering if there is something I can use other than a kreg jig for the places I cannot get behind to put screws in. I have tried 2x2s but they will not pull into the mdf. I am using drywall screws which usually works fine on mdf. Any tips on getting the 2x2s to work because I have a lot sitting around. Or is there a better option?

Posted

I'm not entirely too creative... But honestly I'd just spend the $20 and get the kreg jig. And get some Spax screws. Just my .02.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

 

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Posted

I mean if you just want something cheap and to make holes.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Kreg-Mini-Jig-Pocket-Hole-Kit-MKJKIT/100375609#

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.
Posted

I use the Mini Kreg Jig from Lowes. Was $21 or so.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

 

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Posted

Harbor freight jig is awesome...I use pocket hole screws from McFeelys online....I mounted my jig to a larger piece of wood so I can slide bigger box panels through it for hole drilling....Here is my jig and an enclosure I built recently with it....

20140104_183757_zps6f04a027.jpg

20140105_091401_zpsbb41560d.jpg

20140104_141026_zps79adabbf.jpg20140104_133011_zpsf5594d74.jpg

20140104_183732_zpsd69323cd.jpg

20131231_210546_zps2d5d4c08.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5110 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...