Second Skin Audio

Yes you can have loading issues sometimes with that kind of box, given the low tuning and the port being far back Id say is not very likely that this will be a significant problem, if you want to play it safe you can go back to your first design or do something like this:

TSFPF-1.jpg

It can be done like shown, the shared port design, or adding a center divider, it becomes just like your first design, separate chambers and individual ports, just ports in the center.

Cool. Given W=39, H=18, D=26, Port Width=5.8, Secondary Port Length=7,, My box will have exactly 3 cubic feet per sub and be tuned to 31.75 Hz. Displacement included. Maybe it's worth it to shorten port area to be 14 or 15 sqin to get a lower tune in my box with same outer dimensions. I will have to play with that. They are getting 600rms each.

Math done w/o 45s

Speaking of the box style I posted 5 3/4" wide port 35.25" center line length would tune you to about 30Hz and a little over 3 cubes net per sub. Up to rated power and at that tuning port area would still be enough, BTW if you are unfamiliar with the shared port, the port width splits in half to each side after the turn.

Speaking of the box style I posted 5 3/4" wide port 35.25" center line length would tune you to about 30Hz and a little over 3 cubes net per sub. Up to rated power and at that tuning port area would still be enough, BTW if you are unfamiliar with the shared port, the port width splits in half to each side after the turn.

Also I would love a dimensioned drawing of your design.

This is a cutsheet in which I based the statements in my last post, you likely missed to consider the end correction for slot ports, for tuning purposes, the effective length is the physical length + half of the width of the port.

The base area of each chamber is about 330.9 square inches, the volume of each chamber is 330.9 x 16.5 = 3.16 cubic feet and Vb per chamber is 3.16-0.09 = 3.07 cubic feet without the 45 displacement.

ker2.jpg

lg6m.jpg

Archived