techaninna Posted March 8, 2008 Report Posted March 8, 2008 OK so I have been reading post on this site for a long time now. Just recently decided to join because I have been deciding on a new system build. I have to say this site has some of the most talented fabricators I have ever seen. Anyways I have an Avalanche and had the two 10's down firing under the rear seat and it wasn't enough for me. So I've decided to do a new build, after going to a couple different shops I was a more confused on what to get than before. You ever noticed that whatever the shop carries is the best stuff out (or at least they think so). Anyways after about 3 months research and over 50 different inputs on WinISD. I've decided to do two ported DC LVL 3 12's on a SAZ1500d. The enclosure will be custom and I have some ideas to go over with my glass guy but its so damn cold right now I don't know when we will get started on the enclosure or amp rack. Heres what I have so far: Kenwood Excelon KDC x891 w/USB in glove box Two DC LVL 3 12's 1/0 wire to do big three and amp run Sundown SAZ-1500d(will be here Monday or Tuesday DC Sound Labs: Rusty has been very helpful and subs look amazing. Haven't heard them yet but A++++ Customer service Sundown Audio: Jacob also very helpful and customer service is awsome. I KNOW I KNOW quit ramblin and get some pics Rebuild coming soon
Torres Posted March 8, 2008 Report Posted March 8, 2008 that's some very nice gear you got there. props on the sundown too
techaninna Posted March 8, 2008 Author Report Posted March 8, 2008 Thanks man I've done a lot of research before purchasing anything. Jacob over at Sundown was actually out of the 1500 so he put me in touch with Chris over at db-r.com and I got a refurb for 350 shipped with a 1yr warranty. Its just crazy ya know I'm not spending a lot of money yet I get the attention from the people who make/fix the equipment. I've never traded e-mails or had MTX call me directly on my cell phone to discuss sub or amp purchases. It just goes to show how passionate these people are about their products. Rebuild coming soon
Jman08 Posted March 8, 2008 Report Posted March 8, 2008 Yea bro nice gear cant wait to see this build Youtube.com/J Hutch22
andym85 Posted March 8, 2008 Report Posted March 8, 2008 Thanks man I've done a lot of research before purchasing anything. Jacob over at Sundown was actually out of the 1500 so he put me in touch with Chris over at db-r.com and I got a refurb for 350 shipped with a 1yr warranty. Its just crazy ya know I'm not spending a lot of money yet I get the attention from the people who make/fix the equipment. I've never traded e-mails or had MTX call me directly on my cell phone to discuss sub or amp purchases. It just goes to show how passionate these people are about their products.i can't tell you how happy i am that you did your research and all of that grunt work to sift through a lot of b.s out there and see you settle on some QUALITY products....more new members need to follow your lead!! thank you for that!anyways...the gear looks awesome...again, quality choices man! cant wait for the build! i likes me some audio stuff...
techaninna Posted March 8, 2008 Author Report Posted March 8, 2008 Thanks amatt85 I appreciate it. Now my first noob question is going to be...... This is my daily driver and due to the nature of the install (blow thru) I doubt I will be winning any competitions. Now my question is what should I tune at I know 40's will get me more output but low 30's will get me better response and control on lower freqs. So I was thinking about tunning around 38 to be loud but still handle well on lows. What you guys think? Rebuild coming soon
dwright27 Posted March 8, 2008 Report Posted March 8, 2008 35 is my usual choice, but you shouldnt be able to hear the difference between 35 and 38. on the meter maybe but to the ear i doubt it. 2006 F-150 4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver XS Power 4 DC 3.5kw Team DC Team S.P.L. Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0 DC Audio Dealer American Bass Dealer XS Power Dealer Audio Technix Dealer
andym85 Posted March 8, 2008 Report Posted March 8, 2008 if your going to be doing any competing but still want to listen to it daily, then i think you are about right....if its just for daily then i say 34hz... i likes me some audio stuff...
Torres Posted March 8, 2008 Report Posted March 8, 2008 i can't tell you how happy i am that you did your research and all of that grunt work to sift through a lot of b.s out there and see you settle on some QUALITY products....more new members need to follow your lead!! thank you for that! anyways...the gear looks awesome...again, quality choices man! cant wait for the build! x2 i agree with this statement so much. shows you're takin this seriously and passionate about this yourself. as for comps...they have all kinds of classes, so you may get put into the right one for you. plus there's always bassrace that's just about all volume control
dwright27 Posted March 8, 2008 Report Posted March 8, 2008 x2 i agree with this statement so much. shows you're takin this seriously and passionate about this yourself. as for comps...they have all kinds of classes, so you may get put into the right one for you. plus there's always bassrace that's just about all volume control bass race is hella fun. 2006 F-150 4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver XS Power 4 DC 3.5kw Team DC Team S.P.L. Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0 DC Audio Dealer American Bass Dealer XS Power Dealer Audio Technix Dealer
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.