Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Isobaric 4th order bandpass build


CleanSierra

Recommended Posts

Posted

I was wanting 48-50 and 50 is just where I ended up. I wasn't going to sacrifice anymore port area than I had to, so I went with the widest, longest possible port I could while still having clearance to the bottom of the box. This guy listens to a lot of rock and the iso should help it dig low enough I think. Won't know until it's in and playing though :)

I also have the sealed chamber with more than enough volume to help the lows. On paper, should have been .75 cubes. I gave it over a cube so that should help.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

I didn't see the need for 3 pieces of wood John. These are only 600W(if that) subs. Plus, the mounting plates will be sandwiched into the box between 4 walls. Glue and screws should really prevent any flex within the box.

I am gonna bust on this for the weekend so hopefully I'll get it done.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

It's amazing how many of the vintage and old school guys check in on a build like this. Takes us back to a different time :)

I hope this one doesn't disappoint. I've been itching to do something like this for awhile. Thanks all who are watching :P

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

Only asking about the triple for cone movement not structural

Hate to see them rub or perilous

How much power the customer plane to through at them

If 1 at 600w idd say that combined is a nice place to start

Posted

Ohhh, I gotcha John. These subs have this thicker outer ring that's kind of a chrome looking thing. It brings it up more flush with surround. I'll see if I can grab a stock photo.

As far as power goes, it's an Audio Technix AT800.1, so I think it puts out like 1000-1200 @1 ohm. They are Dual 4 ohms so I'll wire them down to 1.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

you always doing some crazy shit.... lol

2010 Mazda 3

*Rebuild Time*

Subs - (2) AA Mayhems 12's
Sub amp - (1) Populus Audio TPA 6500
Headunit - Pioneer App Radio 2

Batteries - XS Power (1) D3100 up front | 6 XP950 rear

Wire - Sky High 1/0 Gauge wires and RCA's and steve's VM1

Alternator - Singer 260 Externally Regulated

Front Stage: (2) PRV Audio 10W650A (4) PRV Audio 8MR500-PhP-4 (4) DS Bullet Tweets | (2) 6.5 Components (Rear doors)

Mids & high Amp : (2) Populus Audio 100.4

Processor: Rockford 3sixty.3



The Build Log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/175922-2010-mazda-3-2-aa-mayhems-12-pg14-new-video/page-11

flakosignature1-1_zps0751010a.png

Posted

Here is what that sub looks like. You can kind of see how the mounting flange comes out pretty far. An inch and a half should be plenty of room since they will move in unison the same direction.

I63NKCKDU1020_P660840_500X500.jpg

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 1727 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...