Sundown Audio

Stetsom Amps

jmsonoma03

Guest MegaloManiac

if you are not planning to run 16v setup then stetson is not a wise decision to make, especially for the money you are spending.

Man this thread has gone from the computer to the guter and back to the computer. If that makes sense to anyone. It seems the one key issue that has not been factored in is the application use. If your car is set up for dB drag obviously your not running just one set of 1/0 to the amp. If your running a daily/SQ setup Why the hell you need 7k mono block? Now if your trying to build a groundpounder then your gonna need help from the the dB Drag and SQ setups. Remeber dB Draggers usually don't run fuses and SQ is fused all over the place for safety. Different strokes for different folks..........

Well here's my take on it. It seams there is more hearsay talk then actual experience. So far all I heard bad is from people looking at pics or someone who is in direct competition with them. On the other side is a handful of competitors who have mostly used them on an SPL basis. it's sad that I can't find some unbiased, expert opinion on them either way.

Yes their a drag amp.

No, I wouldn't recommend one to someone that doesn't already know the limits of their system.

Yes I would like to see one handle some extended full tilt runs at it's recommended or close to ohm load

No I don't expect them to do full power all day. I think the term "daily" is misrepresented when talking about large systems. I don't think anyone who is truly loud is running around town full tilt all day. Not even Steve.

The reason I'm searching so hard is, that I'm about to pull the trigger on some serious power, Most likely this week. So here's my thoughts on it.

First off for me to say daily is different then what I think other people see it at. I think you could daily at around 143-147Db all day without having too many issues with the right equipment.

I think when you get up in the 50's it becomes power at your finger tips that you don't use but for a few min at a time.

I'm looking for super big power at a short amount of time, Yeah I want to demo a few min here and there. Even flex on a kid at a light for a sec, but for the most part their just sitting there hardly being used.

So here's what I want, 10-15k watts in no more then 2 amps that will still perform with voltage drops. So what do i do?

Do I run

2 RF T4K's and push them all out?

2 Golliaths and run them hard

2 Maxximus and run them turned down

2 Stetsoms turned down

2 something else?

or do i fight to get 4 amps and mess more with gain matching and the other bullshit involved.

So yeah it's a Daily system, if you want to call it that but I bet 99% of the time the amps won't be pushing hardly anything.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Well here's my take on it. It seams there is more hearsay talk then actual experience. So far all I heard bad is from people looking at pics or someone who is in direct competition with them. On the other side is a handful of competitors who have mostly used them on an SPL basis. it's sad that I can't find some unbiased, expert opinion on them either way.

Yes their a drag amp.

No, I wouldn't recommend one to someone that doesn't already know the limits of their system.

Yes I would like to see one handle some extended full tilt runs at it's recommended or close to ohm load

No I don't expect them to do full power all day. I think the term "daily" is misrepresented when talking about large systems. I don't think anyone who is truly loud is running around town full tilt all day. Not even Steve.

The reason I'm searching so hard is, that I'm about to pull the trigger on some serious power, Most likely this week. So here's my thoughts on it.

First off for me to say daily is different then what I think other people see it at. I think you could daily at around 143-147Db all day without having too many issues with the right equipment.

I think when you get up in the 50's it becomes power at your finger tips that you don't use but for a few min at a time.

I'm looking for super big power at a short amount of time, Yeah I want to demo a few min here and there. Even flex on a kid at a light for a sec, but for the most part their just sitting there hardly being used.

So here's what I want, 10-15k watts in no more then 2 amps that will still perform with voltage drops. So what do i do?

Do I run

2 Stetsoms turned down

2 something else?

or do i fight to get 4 amps and mess more with gain matching and the other bullshit involved.

So yeah it's a Daily system, if you want to call it that but I bet 99% of the time the amps won't be pushing hardly anything.

"kraco" FTW

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=29213 "sleeper build"

(1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10

(2) PowermasterD2700 batteries

ALL FOR SALE

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR

that's what i do :blink:

i don't know why i'm upgrading but yea running around with a ground pounder when there is just so much ground . . . what are you to do?

Yes their a drag amp.

Do I run

2 Stetsoms turned down

2 something else?

Well the good thing is your asking the right questions, and that's a start but like you said in the pass that you were reading on termpro too find anything bad about these amps and you found none! You have found competitors and GroundPounders using them and tested them that don't get paid to do this shit, just to teach everyone(educate), the thing i find interesting is that the people hear that talk bad about the amp has not said anything on termpro and express there feelings there.. Why?

Is it because they are too afraid to be discredited on that forum, There has been so many tests about Stetsoms and and not once i read somewhere that it was BS or they can't do that # because of how small things are.

As for having 2 amps in 1 body, that has been done back in the day for years, why is so hard to believe that it works, maybe you should not think of this amp as a so called American amp that has two smaller amps in one case. This is Qoute from DBTbrown that tested Stetsom

Most amps in the U.S use series when you strap two amps. The stetsom do paralleled. Instead of connecting a positive of one amp to the negative of the other amp and then using the open positive from one amp and the open negative from the other amp to the speakers, you connect one negative of one amp to the negative of the other amp and then do the same for the positive of each amp. And then connect a positive and a negative terminal from either amp to the speakers. Hope that makes sense. And that is why the impedance is doubled for the Stetsoms.

Don't you think that these amps would be slammed too the F#%ing wall if they were junk? or had problems? This topic is mute,

Bill if you really want to learn more about any amps the best thing would be to go to TERMPRO, people are not going to bullshit you there or get there feelings hurt and talk bad about amps that are kicking ass.

I don't Rep for Stetsom too make money!!! wierd i know, i already have a career that makes me well over 100K i don't need too Rep to make ends meat, i do it because i was so sick and tired of me buying amps that was suppose to have big #'s and not blow up, and i finally found one amp that will do it "STETSOM" I do this to help all the newbies and others that are going to spend there hard earned money, i was that guy!!, why do you think i quit for about 2 years and now i'm back and happy as all hell, know with that said do you thing i would put my name on the line too sell some amp that does not work and have everyone come too me at the shows and bitch about them, Hell NO!!! I would never put my friendship on the line, i have known Kimo since elem. school and i have known Alpine since i was 18, i'm 32 this sept i would of never told them too get these amps if i knew damn well that these amps are bad ass. They know..... they saw me buy everything under the sun to get loud, and they also saw all my my problems with other company's but they only saw one time that i was actually happy too rep for and recommend others too get . STETSOM sorry but that is my personal knowledge about the amps that i use all day everyday, and i'm not talking about my DBTROOPER, the car that started it all VDUB :)

2007 1st West Coast Regional Champ S/Max 157.3Db

2008 1st West Coast Regional Champ S/Max 158.8Db

2009 160db is my Goal!!!

Stetsom's West Coast Rep

Team Stetsom

Do I run

2 Stetsoms turned down

2 something else?

pretty much agree with everything you just said....

here is what i would do:

either do the maxximus or get four 40.1s....that way, you will have the extra power on tap, just in case you want it...i would love to use some 40.1s b/c i just think they are some badass amps!!! i would just avoid the stetsoms just so i could stay out of threads like this....there are equal choices out there...no matter how good it is, it cant be the end all be all of amps....

i likes me some audio stuff...

pretty much agree with everything you just said....

here is what i would do:

either do the maxximus or get four 40.1s....that way, you will have the extra power on tap, just in case you want it...i would love to use some 40.1s b/c i just think they are some badass amps!!! i would just avoid the stetsoms just so i could stay out of threads like this....there are equal choices out there...no matter how good it is, it cant be the end all be all of amps....

Thanks for the input.

Aren't the 40.1 made to put power out at 18v? if so then thats out of the question. It's amams truck and having a separate electrical system to worry about is a phone call from her that I don't want ;)

I'm not to worried bout the trash threads, I think we all saw them a few years back with Hifonics. Besides I shovel Bullshit claims and people everyday in my job. I do agree it's not an end all to all amps, but they have turned everyone on end one way or another. I also do hear ya about Alan though :unsure:

I think If i try one out in the wifes truck, it's just one amp. So it won't kill me too bad when I abuse the hell out of it for a couple of months.then if it works out I get a second one. it's not like I'm ordering four for the Excursion yet ;) I don't think anyone has really pushed one hard core for a bassrace application so I guess I could

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

sounds like bill's leaning towards team bassick errr i mean stetsom...

U gona be called Team broke Ass Bassick? :P j/k

I've seen what Joey did with the one in the Vdub as well as spending a weekend next to the RipRock guys at finals.

Why join Bassick when I can just raid their cooler :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived