Sundown Audio

Stetsom Amps

jmsonoma03

Read my edited post.

Company image is just as important as the products themselves.

well thats your Opinion and thats fine you dont like them fine the guy asked if the 26kd puts out 3000 watts IT DOES

should be end of story

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

well thats your Opinion and thats fine you dont like them fine the guy asked if the 26kd puts out 3000 watts IT DOES

should be end of story

I hate to beat a dead horse here, but the standard 2K6D has 4 gauge inputs.

Once again, 3000 watts from 4 gauge inputs? Try and shove 1/0 in there?

3000 watts with a 175 amp fuse? I've been told that you actually have to remove the fuse in order to get decent power out of it.

Perhaps 3kw is capable if you pull out the internal fuse and somehow get bigger wiring in there....

It's just funny comparing components on such a small amp like the 2K6D to a proven 2500+ amp like a kicker zx2500. The stetsom looks like nothing.

Team B2, Team Audiotechnix, Team Kicker, Team XS Power, Team Sundown, Team Maxxsonics, Team DD2008 Bassrace 130-139.9 Regional and National Champion2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 MECA Champion (S1, SR1, S2, S3, S4, DB1) -1 DD 9510F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ .7 ohm strapped=154.2 headrest, 129.2 driveby-2 DD 9510F's + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=154.0 headrest-1 DD 9512F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=153.5 headrest, 131.1 Driveby

-2 DD 9512F + 2 B2 Zero1's @ .5 strapped= 157.0 headrest, 158.0 outlaw-1 Sundown SA-8 + 2 MB Quart 2000's=148.8 headrest, 150.6 outlaw

I read alot about the FETs...

for 1, not all FETs are the same

sitting there counting FETs mean nothing

they draw more current, or less depending on the configuration, and FET model

I know a guy IAM TRYING to buy a damn Mephis 4kw from, and he is a amp guru, mods them all day long, and repairs for local shops in Sac

He took the factory FETs out and soldered in FETs that will draw about 100-120 more amps than factory, and some other mods to keep the amp stable at 1/4ohm

Thats a HUGE increase from the factory specs on this Memphis 4kw

No if he will just knuckle up and sell it to me!!

hahha

So yeah, counting FETs mean NOTHING

to much reading in this thread for me to read it all, my eyes are buggin

oh and PS

The Torroids , power Caps and other components in the Stetsom amp compared to the other look beefier IMO

But I never used any of the amps posted, so I wouldnt know from experience

Thanks for the input. There is a lot of value in that for me.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

mcintosh, brax, denon, (anything) crown, qsc, zapco, ddz series, wardlord, IA 40.1, stesom are pretty much all around best amps ever for car audio and a few home audio

not sure id put stetsom up there with mcintosh.

i havent ever used them but from what i hear the stetsoms are a little underengineered.

and that they fail after a short time.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

I read alot about the FETs...

for 1, not all FETs are the same

sitting there counting FETs mean nothing

they draw more current, or less depending on the configuration, and FET model

I know a guy IAM TRYING to buy a damn Mephis 4kw from, and he is a amp guru, mods them all day long, and repairs for local shops in Sac

He took the factory FETs out and soldered in FETs that will draw about 100-120 more amps than factory, and some other mods to keep the amp stable at 1/4ohm

Thats a HUGE increase from the factory specs on this Memphis 4kw

No if he will just knuckle up and sell it to me!!

hahha

So yeah, counting FETs mean NOTHING

to much reading in this thread for me to read it all, my eyes are buggin

oh and PS

The Torroids , power Caps and other components in the Stetsom amp compared to the other look beefier IMO

But I never used any of the amps posted, so I wouldnt know from experience

I know a guy that is going to sell his 4KW here in the bay area, would you like me to ask him?

2007 1st West Coast Regional Champ S/Max 157.3Db

2008 1st West Coast Regional Champ S/Max 158.8Db

2009 160db is my Goal!!!

Stetsom's West Coast Rep

Team Stetsom

I hate to beat a dead horse here, but the standard 2K6D has 4 gauge inputs.

Once again, 3000 watts from 4 gauge inputs? Try and shove 1/0 in there?

3000 watts with a 175 amp fuse? I've been told that you actually have to remove the fuse in order to get decent power out of it.

Perhaps 3kw is capable if you pull out the internal fuse and somehow get bigger wiring in there....

It's just funny comparing components on such a small amp like the 2K6D to a proven 2500+ amp like a kicker zx2500. The stetsom looks like nothing.

Where would one find the relation of power inputs to useable power?

I know there will be a loss of draw over a length of wire but how does that translate to inputs?

Whats the maximum amperage draw one would see in a 4G input?

If a fuse can see a % of draw over it's rated size, how much power could you really draw through the fuse?

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

not sure id put stetsom up there with mcintosh.

i havent ever used them but from what i hear the stetsoms are a little underengineered.

and that they fail after a short time.

I read a lot of problems about them DDz series amps, I wouldnt run them. :lol: :lol:

edit, while looking at this 7kw's guts, them are pretty tiny.. I looked into stetsom a while back ago, and I just cant imaging these hanging on too long for daily abuse.

Posted Image

VS

a 3000 w amp....

Posted Image

maybe stetsom just has that kind of technolgy, but when I drop cash on a amp I want to see some big bitching guts on that inside!!! :blink:

Where would one find the relation of power inputs to useable power?

I know there will be a loss of draw over a length of wire but how does that translate to inputs?

Whats the maximum amperage draw one would see in a 4G input?

If a fuse can see a % of draw over it's rated size, how much power could you really draw through the fuse?

Well, given that it would take at least ~230-240 amps to produce upwards of 3kw at 14.4 volts, using 4 gauge wire would be completely out of the question. And thats assuming 90% efficiency which would be absolutely spectacular for a class D amp. In reality it's probably going to be more like 250-260 amps of draw.

140-150 amps is the stated limit for most 4 gauge wire, thus why most 4 gauge wire kits will only come with a 100-150 amp fuse at most.

Which makes a lot of sense since the 2K6D has a 175 amp internal fuse.

Obviously, as the run gets longer the less current it can safely carry. And vice versa for shorter runs. But I still wouldn't try to pull more than 200 amps through a one foot section of 4 gauge.

Team B2, Team Audiotechnix, Team Kicker, Team XS Power, Team Sundown, Team Maxxsonics, Team DD2008 Bassrace 130-139.9 Regional and National Champion2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 MECA Champion (S1, SR1, S2, S3, S4, DB1) -1 DD 9510F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ .7 ohm strapped=154.2 headrest, 129.2 driveby-2 DD 9510F's + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=154.0 headrest-1 DD 9512F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=153.5 headrest, 131.1 Driveby

-2 DD 9512F + 2 B2 Zero1's @ .5 strapped= 157.0 headrest, 158.0 outlaw-1 Sundown SA-8 + 2 MB Quart 2000's=148.8 headrest, 150.6 outlaw

Interesting Little test done, that goes right along with whats been talked about.

http://forum.realmofexcursion.com/showthre...5479#post585479

that shows the 26kd out burbing 2 sundown 1500d's just useing the watts as a comparison thats 3000 outs sundown so how is the stetsom louder with less watts?

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Archived