Second Skin Audio

(4) SA-12s into my trunk??? or am I stuck with my two?

Whats up guys,

I currently have been running two Sundown SA12s dual 4 ohm in my mustang in 3.8 cubes ported and tuned to 34hz (subs up, port back)powered off of one Soundstream RUB2500.1 amp. I have aquired two more SA12s and another RUB2500.1 amp. With some minor mods and trimming, i can build a bigger enclosure for 4 subs and fit it into my trunk thru the inside. i can get about 7 ish cu.ft of internal volume total and thats the maxx for this cars trunk space. I wish to keep the rear seats.

Am I asking for problems trying to slam 4 Sa12s into this trunk or should i go for it??

voltage is supplied by 250amp alt upgrade, 1/0 Execution Audio power cables and 8 ga speaker, big 3 upgrade, two matching XS Power D4600 batteries and 250amp circuit breakers (the soundstreams are inefficiently power hungry! )

i can only get very small hairtricks out the windows off of the two SA12s. its loud but not LOUD. I want more cone area and more power and more air movement. More more more!! :-)

suggestions on putting the other two subs and additonal amp in? or do I just dont have the trunk space for 4 12"s at 7cuft total?

"What?....I can't hear you..." 2000 Ford Mustang ________________________________________________________________________________________ Current bass: -(1) Soundstream RUB 2500.1D Amplifier -(2) 12" Sundown Audio Sa12 Subwoofers dvc 4 ohm -3.8 cu.ft ported enclosure tuned to 34hz -250amp high output alternator -(2) XS Power Batteries / 1/0 gauge Execution Audio cable/ 8 ga speaker cable 250amp circuit breakers/ big 3 upgrade/ Audio Control Epic 160 not yet installed.

What year Mustang are you getting 7 cubes out of? None.

I imagine a fox hatchback could snag it, maybe... but anything from sn95+ isn't gonna happen. Sell the SA-12's, grab something beefier, and add power.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Well, I'm just think about my 4 Sa 12s and my box and am wondering how that would fit into any trunk. I don't see it happenening either.

i can get 4.5 cubes to fit thru the factory unmodifed opening and to fit in the trunk as is. if i can really get near 7 cu.ft or even enough airspace for all 4 subs then so be it. im not giving answers. im asking questions. 1.75 per SA12 minimum ported into one mustang trunk area is not gonna work... the trunk doesnt have the space , i get it.. COME on, no ones tried to squeeze 4 12s into a small cars trunk??

so what upgrades of 12s do you suggest? powered off of the two Soundstream RUBs.

"What?....I can't hear you..." 2000 Ford Mustang ________________________________________________________________________________________ Current bass: -(1) Soundstream RUB 2500.1D Amplifier -(2) 12" Sundown Audio Sa12 Subwoofers dvc 4 ohm -3.8 cu.ft ported enclosure tuned to 34hz -250amp high output alternator -(2) XS Power Batteries / 1/0 gauge Execution Audio cable/ 8 ga speaker cable 250amp circuit breakers/ big 3 upgrade/ Audio Control Epic 160 not yet installed.

ive been interested in two of the the Sundown X-12s.. or do i reach further?

Archived