Second Skin Audio

15s for $400

Aj11

I'm lookingat getting two 15s down the road(a couple of months) now without starting a vs thread, can you guys give Me a list of 15s right around the $400 a piece price range. I'll do my research from there. i just need some help narrowing down the field. ok heres what i have and what I'm looking for. i have a decent jvc deck plenty of control like i said its decent, all jl components front and rear stage. I'll be placing the order for the ct 60.4 Tuesday or Wednesday. i have the ct 1400.1 00g wire big 3 stock 136 amp alt(getting a new car very soon that's why no h.o alt) the ct 1400 is on 2 alpine type r swd4 12s the 5th gen 1000w rms ones in a custom 4.7 cubic foot (net) box tuned at 30hz.

what I'm looking for is two good 15s. $400 a pop is my budget give or take a few bucks. i want to put them in a box tuned again to 30hz so a Lil more on the sq side rather then the spl side. i would like there power rating to be a bit over what the amp does, heard this thing does like 24++w rms so a sub over 1400w rms would be great. i was looking into the dc level 4s but that's only because i dont really know what else is out there in my price range(again $800 for the pair) any and all help Is helpful. i want loud bass that sounds good even when i put john butler trio on not just heavy rap/ dubstep kinda songs. thanks in advance! just want to see what my options are! this will be a daily driver ground pounder idle Thumper. dont get me wrong i love heavy drops and crazy flex but that's not all i listen to.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Any plans to upgrade in power later? Sundown SAs sound good and are fairly eficient. Rated 600, will take 1200-1500 a piece if you are careful. Run around $250 each iirc

i want a more expensive sub, my subs Now are $280 a pop And I'm not satisfied! if i wanted quantity I'd Just buy 4 dc level 1s. and as far as adding power yea later like next year i want to get another ct 1400.1. I've dropped over $2,000 in the last 3 months on audio stuff so Money is tight right Now. but when i get the second ct 1400 I'll get 2 more of the same subs. thats why i want the subs to handle the Power with confidence.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

how important is the xmax? i know what it is but some subs in my price range have huge xmax others.. well not as much. i love the options of the fi!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

i know price isn't everything! look at the w6 waste of Money! i was Just trying to say i don't want to have to be careful. and thanks for all the replies! could you guys give me a few details of the subs you post, like Power rating, And sq or spl oriented

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

how important is the xmax? i know what it is but some subs in my price range have huge xmax others.. well not as much. i love the options of the fi!

think about it this way. its not a deal breaker that one woofer can move two inches and the other one three inches. for all you know, the one that moves two inches may be louder.

Archived