oldsoundguy Posted January 10, 2014 Report Posted January 10, 2014 So I built my box using the RE audio box builder and I just want to verify what the tuning really is. I tried to download torres calculator but it just isn't downloading for me so I need help from someone who has it. My box according to re audio site is 28" L 16"H 17.5 W 2.84 cf turned to 35hz. MDF 3/4" Port W 3" square port height 14.5" square port length 1 13.75" square port length 2 9" square port diam 7.44 total port length 28" square port area 43.5 Thank you for your time and effort. If you need more info just let me know. 80prs Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier Incriminator IA 10.1 Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors) 4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash) DC Audio level 3 12" custom box designed by joex built by me AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear DC 180 alt 99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/
Joe X Posted January 11, 2014 Report Posted January 11, 2014 You gave the port height bad last time: The box looks ok, I would look for a leak or other building fault for the noise you hear, you may want to smooth all the inner edges of the port and see if there's a change.
oldsoundguy Posted January 11, 2014 Author Report Posted January 11, 2014 Thanks for your time Joe. I appreciate the time you took to find that out for me. Looks like the box is built to spec for my sub according to your findings. I know I don't have any leaks as all seams are sealed and bondo . I will see if I can round out the opening of the port and round the inside edge of the port but that's about all I can reach. Well I guess I could shove my hand down the port and try to sand that inner edge as much as I can. Thanks for your help Joe. Can you do me a favor? I was thinking of getting another HDC 3 12 and running two of them. I would have to build another box. Can you design one for me with a center port? I have 50" wide 17" tall and 17" deep to work with as far as outside box size. Not sure if I would need the entire 50" or not but I should have enough room for 2 12s. Oh and tuned to 37hz. Thanks Kevin R 80prs Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier Incriminator IA 10.1 Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors) 4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash) DC Audio level 3 12" custom box designed by joex built by me AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear DC 180 alt 99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/
Joe X Posted January 11, 2014 Report Posted January 11, 2014 On about your dimensions and requested tuning, port in the middle, not sure what vehicle is going though so make sure it fits your application: Port Parts: 2 x Front to Back: 12 3/8" x 15 3/4"2 x Extension: 3 7/16" x 15 3/4"
oldsoundguy Posted January 11, 2014 Author Report Posted January 11, 2014 Thank you again Joe that's perfect. It's going in the back of a 99 toyota tacoma extended cab. I measured everything before I made the request. Awesome. 80prs Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier Incriminator IA 10.1 Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors) 4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash) DC Audio level 3 12" custom box designed by joex built by me AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear DC 180 alt 99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/
Ahmed Johnson Posted January 11, 2014 Report Posted January 11, 2014 I always wondered about the re audio box calculator. Is it close to the torres or even good enough to use? I had a problem downloading torres as well.
iwannabeloud Posted January 12, 2014 Report Posted January 12, 2014 Is the torres program correct? I don't put images in my signature to let people know I mean business.
Ahmed Johnson Posted January 12, 2014 Report Posted January 12, 2014 I've seen other members on other sites praising the torres box calculator
DylanBunch Posted January 12, 2014 Report Posted January 12, 2014 torres is good, ive heard re is inaccurate. My friend built a box using re and it was supposedly tuned to 27hz but it plays highs really good and doesnt get low very well so who knows what its really tuned to lol 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
DylanBunch Posted January 12, 2014 Report Posted January 12, 2014 torres is good, ive heard re is inaccurate. My friend built a box using re and it was supposedly tuned to 27hz but it plays highs really good and doesnt get low very well so who knows what its really tuned to lol 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.