T3 component. Use 4 channel for the set, or just 2 channels??

Turboelky

Currently I have a set of Fosgate T3's. The crossover has input for both tweeter, and mid driver.

I'm running a Fosgate T600/4 BDCP amp. Currently the components are hooked up to the front channels and some cheaper components in the rear doors I'm not concerned with.

Question is, would it be advisable to hook the front 2 channels up to the crossover for the tweeters, and the rear two channels to the mids on the crossover? Considering the amp puts out more power than RMS, which is 125w, am I better off leaving as is?

In the future I'm going to be installing a 3sixty.3, so I believe (could be wrong) tuning would be more precise with the tweeters and mids on separate channels. I also am running an old school Alpine G180 EQ which will go once the 360 is in. But for now it seems to be doing alright.

ALSO! On the amp, weather I leave it hooked up as is, or go to separate channels for the mids and tweeters, should I leave it on AP or HP? I do like some bass to come through the doors, but am wondering if there is an issue with the AP on considering its feeding the crossover that the tweeters are on. I know the crossovers should remove that particular frequency from the tweeter output, but I also thought that with my older infinity components which had the tweeters blow out twice before I replaced them with something else.

I don't want to mess these components up. Currently they are playing GREAT and I'm really happy with them. I just want to make sure I hook them up to their full potential, without damage. I'm hoping to meet up with a member here by end of week to set gains with a DD1. I currently have been using a DMM to set gains, and the power series fosgates don't seem to act right! I looked around and read they are not able to be set with a DMM but I've read a lot of things lol.

Sorry for the long post, any help is appreciated!!

I would Bi-amp the crossover and turn down the gains on the tweets. Run hp on the tweet and ap on the 6.5 and let the crossover do its job. If you set it up this way now, there wont be rewiring done when the 360.3 shows up. You say the sound great now, you could also wait until the 360 shows up to redo it all.

I would Bi-amp the crossover and turn down the gains on the tweets. Run hp on the tweet and ap on the 6.5 and let the crossover do its job. If you set it up this way now, there wont be rewiring done when the 360.3 shows up. You say the sound great now, you could also wait until the 360 shows up to redo it all.

Thanks man. That pretty much supports my thoughts. I'm just not sure what the RMS is on the tweeters. Of course the box says 125 RMS but that's kind of a vague number. 125 RMS on just the mid? Mid and tweeter combined? I really like the ideal of the Bi-amp set up for exactly what you said, putting the HP on the tweeter and AP on the mid. Maybe I should grab a T400/4? But thanks again!

The new AMM-1 would be great for setting both. To set the tweets I would use a VM. A 400-4 is a great idea and would be badass. 125 should be both connected to the crossover in single mode. If your running bi-amp the 6.5 with correct tuning it will do the 125 by itself.

I guess I am lost. I have the same thoughts about my 4 channel amp and component set. I have the front set on two channels and some rear speakers that I don't care about either.

So I guess my question is do you eliminate the passive crossover and wire the tweets to say channels 3&4 and the mids to 1&2? Then use the crossover on the amp to control the crossover points?

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Stupid double post. Sorry

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

The new AMM-1 would be great for setting both. To set the tweets I would use a VM. A 400-4 is a great idea and would be badass. 125 should be both connected to the crossover in single mode. If your running bi-amp the 6.5 with correct tuning it will do the 125 by itself.

Is that AMM-1 for sale yet? I looked around for it last night but didn't see it. And this sounds like a plan. Plus it will give me something to work on this weekend if I don't get my Bengal cat's jungle gym rolling LOL.

I personally would allow the bi-amp crossover to do its job until I got a full processor and went all active. then I would elimenate the passive crossover. but thats just me.

Stupid double post. Sorry

No worries, and glad this thread may help you too! Does your crossovers have 2 inputs? On my fosgate crossovers, they have an input for the tweeter and input for the mids. If your only running one channel to the crossover, you just use the tweeter input and that activates the both tweeter and mid outputs. I'm going to run channel 1&2 to the tweeters and 3&4 to the mids. Thats the plan anyways. Maybe I'll grab a little amp for some rear fill speakers. IDK yet.

Archived