Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

need help with a sub enclosure for a 05 neon two RF 15"


Recommended Posts

Posted

that a big baffle with no bracing either. imo, sub and port forward with a single 15 maybe 2 12s with a sealed off trunk would be your best options. did have a friend do a single 15 sub and port forward on 1k that got loud and sounded great in an 03 neon.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Posted

I vote 2 12's

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Posted

I vote 2 12's

that a big baffle with no bracing either. imo, sub and port forward with a single 15 maybe 2 12s with a sealed off trunk would be your best options. did have a friend do a single 15 sub and port forward on 1k that got loud and sounded great in an 03 neon.

Just did a box facing subs up in a trunk just like this. Trunk actually rattled less than I thought it would.

Subs firing up in trunk equals SHITLOAD of trunk rattle.

And Jordan, firing the subs one direction and having the ports on the opposite is a bad idea. The subs will unload and lose medical control. You DON'T want to have a box like that. I don't think you have enough room to do a properly sized and oriented ported box in that trunk. What amp do you currently have and what amp do you plan on buying?

This is what I have now powering one of em I've never had an amp to power both of them

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17266_Kenwood-KAC-6104D.html

This is what I'm planning on getting to power both of them

http://www.soundqubed.com/Q1-1200D-Amplifier_p_30.html

To the people saying get two 12's I'm not going to scrap my two 15's for that just to fit a ported box. I know there's enough room to fit a sealed box for my 15's. I've just always been interested in seeing what my options were for a ported box.

Thanks for all your help and info guys I appreciate It

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2631 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...