Camm.eng Posted January 12, 2014 Report Posted January 12, 2014 Hey guys, I have a pair of Sundown E8V3's dual 4 ohm powered by a Hifonics 1100.1 and it's wired down to 1 ohm. The head unit is an Alpine CDA-117e. My problem is that the subs don't play consistently all the time. Sometimes they are loud and audible how I feel they should sound on a regular basis, but other times they are extremely quiet and hardly even audible at all. I've checked all the connections to make sure they are good. Made sure everything is wired properly and all. I set the gain on the am to 4V since the pre out voltage of the head unit according to the manual is 4V. The subwoofer setting on the head unit is at 15, which to my understanding is full output for the RCA. All other settings on the head unit are set to flat. I can't seem to figure out why it randomly stops playing any bass. The amp isn't going into protect either and I don't even have to turn up the volume for this to happen. I have noticed that sometimes it happens if I change songs frequently on either the head unit or my phone but I am not sure if that is just a coincidence or not that it does it. Can anybody suggest anything to help me out?
truthsayer Posted January 12, 2014 Report Posted January 12, 2014 Try changing the rca's running to the amp. truthsayer
Camm.eng Posted January 12, 2014 Author Report Posted January 12, 2014 I wouldn't think it would have anything to do with the RCA's, power, ground or remote wire because everything worked perfectly fine with the old setup. All I changed was the amp and subwoofers. The old setup was a 12" MTX Jackhammer and an Infinity amp. I can't remember which model but it was about 800 RMS.
slowfkncar Posted January 12, 2014 Report Posted January 12, 2014 You either have a bad rca line,defective amp,or weak alternator or battery. Assuming your wiring is good (fuse,gnd,terminals,ect.). what used to work before could be easily damaged and unnoticed during the new install,you should not overlook other peoples advice, especially if you cant troubleshoot your own.
Aj11 Posted January 14, 2014 Report Posted January 14, 2014 my first thought would have been rc wires. if they don't have a tight connection then there's your problem. bass can move Them If there loose. you can also try to diagnose by playing full tilt and hook a multi meter to your bat and watch for huge drops. tho i highly doubt its your bat. could also be a bad remote wire cutting on and off. if it was mine I'd buy new rc wire and hope that fixes it. its your cheapest easiest fix. plus can't do nothing but help even if there not bad jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
Wood Posted January 14, 2014 Report Posted January 14, 2014 Voltage Drop maybe... My first impression is weak electrical. My car does the same thing with my current setup.... most stock alternators are around 90-110 in car sand majority of that is used to function the car... around 1k and up and your stock electrical will strain and from the description it sounds like you don't have a big 3, alternator or even a second battery which could be your cause... I know it is for me! 2011 Nissan Altima aka Red Ruby HEADUNIT: Pioneer AVH X2700BS ELECTRICAL: -Singer 230a -Northstar gr34 -(2) Northstar SMS220 w/ Custom Terminals from 12V Metalworkz -100% Welding Cable FRONT STAGE:-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165 -Hertz HSK130 -Ampere Audio 125.4 SUB STAGE: -(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's -Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2 MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED): -Interior & Exterior Lights LED -Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED) -15% Front, 5% Rear Tint -Roof Spoiler -20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear) -Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!! -Aftermarket Fog Lights -Custom Painted Engine Covers My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109 Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346
wccfan12 Posted January 14, 2014 Report Posted January 14, 2014 I would check the sub's voice coils to make sure they're reading right. I've had this problem in 2 of my past setups and it was always due to one of the sub's voice coils slowly giving out. So if you have a DMM I would grab that and check to see. THE ANTHRACITE DYC CRUISER -Fully dipped anthracite grey pt cruiser -4 skar vvx 12's (version 1) -Mechman 240 amp alt -Big three in Cadence 1/0 -1 deka intimidator g31 blacktop under the hood -1 C&D 140ah Batt & 1 C&D 55ah batt in the rear -Re audio/soundstream mids and highs -Hifonics Zues 600.4 -DC Audio 3.5k
Camm.eng Posted January 14, 2014 Author Report Posted January 14, 2014 I'll have to take it to my buddy that has a shop to try and change the rca's and whatnot because it's cold and snowy where I live. In the mean time, I messed with some settings on the head unit and adjusted the parametric EQ to +2dB @ 63Hz and it seemed to have sounded a lot more dynamic and played like that for an hour straight without getting quieter. This will just be temporary, but is this setting bad/cause clipping? As of now I'm really only listening at low-medium volume. I hardly every play at full tilt but I like how much better it sounded.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.