XS Power

HELP-New XS battery low battery volt

I refuse to believe they let you work on f16's.

Not to sound like I'm making a jab at OP, it's not my intention.... But he's a military electrician. I'm a 19 year old kid fresh out of high school. He should be schooling me

I refuse to believe they let you work on f16's.

Not to sound like I'm making a jab at OP, it's not my intention.... But he's a military electrician. I'm a 19 year old kid fresh out of high school. He should be schooling me

Dont worry, i took the jab....

I'll also add: With your batteries wired in parallel so they are a 12v system, not a 24v system, there is no need for any sort of charge controller. Just hook them up and be done. Wouldn't be a bad idea to see if your rear battery even holds a charge first, there's a chance it could be damaged. Pull it and charge it, let it sit overnight, voltage should be around 13v

While you are at it, do the "big 3" upgrade for your car. Add onto existing factory cables, don't replace them

1. Upgrade your alt positive to battery positive cable

2. Upgrade you alternator's ground

3. Upgrade your front battery's ground. And be sure your wiring is configured for a parallel connection before doing this!! If you don't, sparks will fly

FIXED!!!!! First off thanks for yalls help. So here's the fix. The first thing I checked was my connection which was fine. I took apart everything connected to the second battery. I decided to check the washers. On the f16 non conductive washers on terminals cause issues. The washers I had was from a local car shop. I shot the washers with my meter all the washers ranges from 5ohms to 300ohms!!! Wtf!! I had 6 washers totals 3 on the positive and 3 on ground. I replaced the washers with good conductive ones. Works like a champ!14.6 volts. My battery is indeed wired in parallel. I don't know what I was thinking earlier I guess because I was so frustrated I wasn't thinking straight. So moral of the story don't use washers from local shops and always make sure its conductive!