Sundown Audio

Setting Gains

Nipsy06

not u my good sir... You have done me a great service but I have had tons of people on these forms talking to me like I came on earth knowing how to hook up speakers and know all the ins and outs of this. The question is to these guys who did yall learn from. Friends family who ever... Well I know no one around me that is into car audio and If they do they pay some other idiot Tons of money to put there subs in. I refuse to do that crap. Ive spent way to much with guys in shops that claim to know what they are doing and its happend at about 5 different ones that claimed they know how to do this. Everyone of em screwed me over. Then when I asked what can be done they just say I dont know heres your total. I WILL NOT SPEND ANOTHER PENNY TO LET SOMEONE ELSE TOUCH MY ISHT!!!

I hear you. This forum has been a wealth of knowledge. If you plan on doing your own work, you could always invest the $150 on a DD-1. You will be able to check where your amp and head unit clip at, and then set them at max output with no distortion. I don't have one yet, I too have been using the DMM. But yeah, the DMM should get you pretty close to your goal. BUT, I am going to watch that video oldsoundguy posted up. He's been a cool dude on here. Maybe I'll learn something too! lol.

Good luck then.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Yes its good to know whats going on with the things you put your hard earned money into... I have been building this box and ordering my equipment since last June in fact shout out to kicker8940 who gave me the box specs It took me a few months to build my box wrap it and I just finished the project 3 days ago. Im going to school and working and I do car audio as a hobby. I dont have much time as you can see since It has been a seven month process. I put everything in this trunk by myself with only my fiances help who only loves car audio because I do. This website has helped me since day one and tons of people on here has guided me form the materials to tha best speakers for my car EVERYTHING!!!! So thats why I get so pissy when people come on here talkin cray because there are tons of people who are very helpful and has really helped me along the way. I dedicate my first build to all you guys who helped me with this because no one else around here cares about whats in my trunk!!!!

oldsoundguy..... first off I appreciate the vid. Second off unless u or steve meade would like to help me with a DD-1 I will have to settle for the alternative. No Disrespect to Steve Meade because I really enjoy what he does and have probably spent to much time watching him work on that Tahoe. Its great that he has come out with such an amazing product for guys that do this on a reg. Im just an avg joe and a college student to add to that. I know that dd1 gets you that magic number on setting gains and is perfect but Nipsy06 gotta settle for the off brand for now If you know what im saying. I really appreciate your help I really really do. I just want you to understand car audio is like 7 months old to me. I dont mind you helping out or giving feed back just dont come at me like Im the car audio guru... If I was I wouldnt be on here... BTW why are guys on here helping all the time???? do you guys just go from forum to forum helping people or do you get something for helping so many people? What am I missing? Why is it beneficial to pay money to be apart of the Steve Meade site?? Im not being funny or a butt hole I just want to know because I have received so much knowledge from all of you guys and have not paid one cent. Its been like car audio school for the past 7 months. Thanks guys!!!!

turn your DMM two clicks to the left. Push the button in for AC. Put the positive lead in the bottom right hole, black in the middle. Turn volume on head unit 75-80 % up. Play test tone (I usually use 45hz) for subs. Turn gain up to target voltage.

Now send me some money…..bahahahahaha…!!! J/K bro LMAO

I'm new to the site myself. I'll help with what I know and that's it. If you were building a muscle car, or a gun, I'd help you with that too!! LOL

I've spent the last few years on firearm forums. But I've been loving car audio since I was a kid, and making all kinds of mistakes since!!!

LoL Thats the type of instructions I need right there!!!! THATS WHAT IM TALKIN BOUT BABY!!!! Im dumb man..... Yall boys gotta help me out here. I will get on it chief. Can you help me get rich so I can quit school and work 2 LOL!!! Wow u can build guns!!! 2 bad im scared of them!!! Man Thanks so much... I can at least grace you wit some pics of my 7 month build that you help put together Thanks man I appreciate all of you..... EVEN YOU OLDSOUNDGUY you aint the only one that was actin like that It was some more of them boys on here that were directed from my other forum I love you all anyways..

pics:http://s1161.photobucket.com/user/Nipsy06/media/1479506_10153713350200022_1600782682_n.jpg.html

No, nobody gets paid for helping people here. We are here to help people out because we enjoy doing so. you can pay to be a bronze, silver, or gold member here. It gives you the benefits listed.

Nipsy, try something when you get the chance. Turn your HU up 3/4 of the way. Play a 40hz tone. (Unplug your door speakers if you can, and obviously the subs from the amp)

Go turn the amp gain up from the lowest point. Generally some class D amps will start to hum when they distort. I know my AQ2200 did. But it has to be dead silent to hear it. Some amps may or may not hum. But that would be the most ideal way to set it in your situation.

Also, maybe check to see if someone in your area has a DD.1 you could meet up with and borrow.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Archived