Which XS Power batt and how many would be best for this setup.

Looks like someone has the fever yet still alcks the knowledge.

I recommend you do alot more reaserch before you start buying stuff.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

Have you bought all this gear? You're asking alot of basic questions and if so you'll be in way over your head if you don't drop it all off with a shop along side a pile of money

I already got 4 PWX 6 on a 2k hifonics and 4 FT1's (ordered but out of stock), ordered a singer 240 amp alt about a month ago, now I'm working on the electrical and just wanna make sure I do everything to maximize output, I will only need someone to fiberglass the door panels and build a box into the back of my wagon....

Seems like you got some pretty good advice thus far, however what are the dimensions for the under hood battery? If your going to do everything right then putting an agm large reserve battery upfront is a key point to remember when do this upgrade. Along with that do you have a budget or your just going to collect stuff along the way? Do you have 1/0 runs front to back of your car already? Big 3 done? Plan on using OFC wire?

No its your Second. I stand by my statement take a step back and read

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Seems like you got some pretty good advice thus far, however what are the dimensions for the under hood battery? If your going to do everything right then putting an agm large reserve battery upfront is a key point to remember when do this upgrade. Along with that do you have a budget or your just going to collect stuff along the way? Do you have 1/0 runs front to back of your car already? Big 3 done? Plan on using OFC wire?

I'm buying everything piece by piece as my income allows, still waiting on the alt to be shipped then I will install it with the big three which is my next step and yes only OFC wires.

Well then I' sorry for them. You are asking way too many basic questions to consider yourself nothing but an aamateur. I'll put it to you this way. Would you rather do the research and learn how to do right or buy Al this gear hack it all together and watch all your hard earned money and gear go up in smoke? You aren't talking 2 12 in a prefab and 600 watts l. You're talking full blown custom from front to back

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

OK glad you haven't bought everything just yet. If you can get the dimensions of the front battery then decide on an agm that will drop in place would be ideal. I would venture to say the D3400 will fit and its a damn good battery for upfront. If you research around you can find charts that tell what group battery fits in specific cars as well. After you get the alt, big 3, and front battery knocked out I would run your current amps on there (after proper tuning with something such as the DD-1) and see what kind of current draw you have and write that down. Then make a decision on what your current will be overall (choose your sub amp such as the DC 5k) then plug that into the XS power calculator. I think these guys are pretty spot on though saying 3-4 XS D3100s or XP 3000s. If you get a PCM with the alt that allows adjustment I would say running at 14.4-14.8 will be pretty solid as well.

Well then I' sorry for them. You are asking way too many basic questions to consider yourself nothing but an aamateur. I'll put it to you this way. Would you rather do the research and learn how to do right or buy Al this gear hack it all together and watch all your hard earned money and gear go up in smoke? You aren't talking 2 12 in a prefab and 600 watts l. You're talking full blown custom from front to back

Yes full custom and I am a bit more advanced than an amateur and this is the only way to get better, things I don't know I will learn on the way but this is my project, not taking it to a shop, this is part of my research and I have an idea of what I want but I ain't gonna prematurely buy thousands of dollars worth of equipment till I know what needs to be done. Take your negative comments elsewhere...

Archived