bdharvin Posted January 16, 2014 Report Posted January 16, 2014 I recently bought 2 alpine 12 type r subs and I also bought a hifonics brx 1600.1d. My question is will this amp over power these subs at two ohms or is it a good match up.....
BoomZoom808 Posted January 16, 2014 Report Posted January 16, 2014 I've given a single Type R 12 1000 rms clean daily without any issues 2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS Knu OFC 1/0 SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750 Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5 IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12
slowfkncar Posted January 16, 2014 Report Posted January 16, 2014 With that amp,you will probably be underpowering them at 2ohms final, which means your subs are dual 2ohm incase you hav not figured it out. If they are dual 4 ohms then you can take the amp down to 1ohm. Either way you will be fine
Afficionado Posted January 16, 2014 Report Posted January 16, 2014 Yeah.. youll be absolutely fine. If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.
codyw88 Posted January 16, 2014 Report Posted January 16, 2014 I had a 3000 watt on two type rs and they are still hittin hard 2 years after i sold them with the same amp
Souldrop Posted January 16, 2014 Report Posted January 16, 2014 I had a 3000 watt on two type rs and they are still hittin hard 2 years after i sold them with the same amp What 3000W amp? To the op you should be fine. 1997 Lexus ES300 HU - Pioneer MVH 7350 Processor - Helix DSP Front Stage - JBL P660C Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4 Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12 Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1
CJSmith Posted January 16, 2014 Report Posted January 16, 2014 Don't clip them and keep your voltage up, you'll be fine. *Rebuid in progress*
Joe X Posted January 16, 2014 Report Posted January 16, 2014 OP you should clear up if these are SWR-12D2 or older series, in any case hifonics amps put out rated power at 14.4V if you don't have that you won't be seeing 1600W, make sure your electrical can handle the power or the subs may cook.
bdharvin Posted January 16, 2014 Author Report Posted January 16, 2014 Ok cool thanks for all you guys help....I have another question. I was thinking about getting a third alpine 12....how exactly would I wire them up to give me that same amount of power or if not more?
Guest Posted January 16, 2014 Report Posted January 16, 2014 all depends on which model number woofers you have. thats THE most important part.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.