Sonic Electronix

How To Seperate Mids And Highs From Subs?

On my Alpine 9883 HU, I want to keep the bass turned down on my mids but if I turn it down it also turns down my subs. I thought there was a way where you could turn down your bass from your mids but keep your subs up. Is there a way?

2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style)

Setup in the makings

How many RCA out do you have and how many amps are you running and how are they setup?

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

All I have is one pair of RCAs running to my amplifer. I only have one amplifier going to my subs.

Do you have the mids and hi's off that amp too or just the subs?

If it's just the subs then I would switch the RCA's to the sub out. If your running a full system off the one amp then it sound like you will need some bass blockers type of setup for the door speakers.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

What he is talking about is the bass level on the headunit. If you lower the bass level it lowers it for all outputs, i.e. subs, mids, and highs. It has Three RCA preouts, for front, rear and sub. He was wondering if there was a way to lower the bass to just the front and rear speakers and not the sub. I'm assuming that he is running the front and rear speakers off the headunit and the subs off of the amp. But I have the same headunit and have no idea.

What he is talking about is the bass level on the headunit. If you lower the bass level it lowers it for all outputs, i.e. subs, mids, and highs. It has Three RCA preouts, for front, rear and sub. He was wondering if there was a way to lower the bass to just the front and rear speakers and not the sub. I'm assuming that he is running the front and rear speakers off the headunit and the subs off of the amp. But I have the same headunit and have no idea.

Ok, so what about turning up the sub control? I assume they are controlled differently. You can also go into the freq. cutoff for the mids/hi's right?

Edited by kingsuv

i have the same HU. this works perfect. there is a function where you can turn the internal amp off comletely. the only catch is that you have to have a amp for your mids and highs with RCA's from the ouputs on the HU to the mids and highs amp. when i turned the internal amp off i noticed a dramatic difference in sound quality. then you just use your amp to make the needed adjustments.

----reference's----

meade916